Blog platform selection to replace RDA

Andrei Vukolov

May 21, 2024, 11:52:56 AMMay 21
to Francis P Crawley, dPID Working Group
Dear Francis,

As RDA website does not work well still, and it does not have anymore
the Blog section, could you please help us to find another platform to
publish posts, or perhaps, to publish them using one of the CODATA
platforms?

I also put the dPID working group in CC for this message, so if anyone
could also propose the platform for us, please reply! Any help will be
appreciated!

--
-
==

Kirkpatrick, Christine

May 21, 2024, 2:33:04 PMMay 21
to Andrei Vukolov, Francis P Crawley, dPID Working Group, Simon Hodson, ED CODATA
Hi Andrei,

I can chime (as part of CODATA and a DPID-WG lurker) in that CODATA is generally very happy to publish blog posts that are of interest to our stakeholders.  You can run ideas by Simon, copied, or submit to Simon if you have something.  It would be important to frame it so it's immediately clear to readers the connection or relevance to the CODATA community.

Thanks,
Christine

May 22, 2024, 4:01:11 AMMay 22
to Christine Kirkpatrick, Andrei Vukolov, Francis P. Crawley, dPID Working Group
Dear Andrei,

Thanks for this.  Yes, we will be happy to help out and consider something.  We have a blog and a ’news channel’ on the website. Please follow Christine’s advice about how the piece is framed.

With very best wishes,

Simon.
___________________________

The WorldFAIR Project – The journey so far and next steps: register for a special double session at RDA P22, 22/23 May

Final WorldFAIR Project Events - further information and registration

Stay in touch with CODATA:

Stay up to date with CODATA activities: join the CODATA International News list

Looking for training and career opportunities in data science and data stewardship?  Sign up to the CODATA early career community-run data science training and careers list

Follow us on social media! Twitter - Facebook - LinkedIn - Instagram
___________________________
Dr Simon Hodson | Executive Director CODATA | http://www.codata.org

E-Mail: si...@codata.org | Twitter: @simonhodson99 | Skype: simonhodson99
Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96
Tel (Cell): +33 6 86 30 42 59

CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Science Council), 5 rue Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE

Francis P. Crawley

May 22, 2024, 6:52:31 AMMay 22
to si...@codata.org, Christine Kirkpatrick, Andrei Vukolov, dPID Working Group

Dear Andrei,

Thank you for this note as well as the responses from Christine and Simon. I do think your blog postings would be well hosted on the CODATA website. The blog you posted on the RDA website was so well done, so well written. I thought it would be worthy of being published as an article.

Last week on Tuesday during our monthly meeting of the CODATA International Data Policy Committee (IDPC), we decided to develop blog postings for the IDPC as there is so much going on in the group and it would be a way to communicate. Much of what you are doing in the dPID Working Group relates to policy, so an IDPC blog would be most welcome as well.

Kind regards,

Francis

Francis P. Crawley

Chairman, CODATA International Data Policy Committee (IDPC)

Leuven, Belgium

Telephone: +32 495 23 11 11 (also for WhatsApp)

E-mail: f...@gcpalliance.org

Andrei Vukolov

May 23, 2024, 10:47:49 AMMay 23
to Francis P. Crawley, si...@codata.org, Christine Kirkpatrick, dPID Working Group

Dear Francis,

I think, everyone would be happy with republishing our first post on CODATA. Could you please tell us the authorization procedure and the desired format of the posted text?

Simon Hodson, ED CODATA

May 23, 2024, 11:52:17 AMMay 23
to Andrei Vukolov, Francis P. Crawley, Christine Kirkpatrick, dPID Working Group
Thanks, Andrei.

Please send the text to Francis, Christine and myself.  Normally, I’d review and approve, but I’m snowed under until the end of the month and so would appreciate any input from Francis and Christine.  Otherwise, if we publish in early June, I’ll do a quick review myself.

As for the format, please just send a .docx, link to a google doc or similar.  Anything that will be easy to transform into the blog post with a rich text editor.

S.

___________________________

On 23 May 2024, at 16:47, Andrei Vukolov <andrei....@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Francis P. Crawley

May 23, 2024, 2:10:43 PMMay 23
to si...@codata.org, Andrei Vukolov, Christine Kirkpatrick, dPID Working Group

Dear Andrei,

I believe Christine and I would be pleased to follow Simon’s suggestion below for your blog. I read it on the RDA website when it was first published, and found it (as I said earlier) excellent. Christine and I will read it again.

The only other suggestion I might have is that you also contact the RDA and inform them that you would like to republish the blog on the CODATA website as it has gone offline on their website.

Kind regards,

Francis

Andrei Vukolov

May 24, 2024, 4:41:39 AMMay 24
to Francis P. Crawley, si...@codata.org, Christine Kirkpatrick, dPID Working Group
Dear Simon, dear Francis,

Thanks a lot for your assistance! I will prepare the text in the Google doc soon! I need to check if there are any edits in the old published version that were not mirrored in our draft Google doc.

Andrei Vukolov

May 29, 2024, 5:37:26 AMMay 29
to Francis P. Crawley, Simon Codata, Christine Kirkpatrick, dPID Working Group, Erik van Winkle
Dear Simon, dear Francis,

Please find here the link to the Google document containing the last version of the blog post we have prepared:

Further development on the blog post drafts will be held in this GDoc directory: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qW2i5JGvDLsfn3bxZ1AYOXESUpGShSTo?usp=drive_link

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns