Traits

Sorin Zsejki

Oct 10, 2011, 5:33:24 AM10/10/11
to General Dart Discussion
I was hoping Dart would have Scala-like traits. I haven't read the
spec, but from what I've read it seems it doesn't.

Bob Nystrom

Oct 10, 2011, 6:04:37 AM10/10/11
to Sorin Zsejki, General Dart Discussion
On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 2:33 AM, Sorin Zsejki <zse...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was hoping Dart would have Scala-like traits. I haven't read the
spec, but from what I've read it seems it doesn't.

Correct. It doesn't currently have anything like traits or mixins. I think many of us are interested in something along those lines but right now we're focused on getting a solid single-inheritance story working.

- bob

Sorin Zsejki

Oct 10, 2011, 8:05:07 AM10/10/11
to General Dart Discussion
Cool. I'm hopeful.

- sorin

Nodir Turakulov

Oct 10, 2011, 9:02:34 AM10/10/11
to General Dart Discussion
Scala-like traits are still single-inheritance.

-Nodir

Alexey Zakharov

Oct 12, 2011, 1:01:21 AM10/12/11
to General Dart Discussion