Dart IDE

Calamitous

Oct 14, 2011, 6:56:51 AM10/14/11
to General Dart Discussion
is there a date for the release of the DART IDE? (Eclipse plugin) ?

chrisbuckett

Oct 14, 2011, 7:36:43 AM10/14/11
to General Dart Discussion
It's available already.

http://dartwatch.com/index.php/2011/10/step-by-step-building-the-dart-eclipse-ide-plugin/

Although I do appreciate that it will be better once pre-compiled
versions of the plugin are available similar to the current GWT plugin

Chris.

Luke Church

Oct 14, 2011, 7:39:48 AM10/14/11
to chrisbuckett, General Dart Discussion
Please bear in mind, that like the rest of the Dart, the code as it currently stands represents an early preview only :-)

Federico Giovagnoli

Oct 14, 2011, 9:39:29 AM10/14/11
to General Dart Discussion
What about the Brightly IDE we heard about in the leaked documents?
Just a curiosity. :)

fg

Bruce Johnson

Oct 14, 2011, 10:10:16 AM10/14/11
to Federico Giovagnoli, General Dart Discussion
Nothing to say on that front at present. We'll update you if anything interesting happens.

allan

Oct 14, 2011, 1:32:53 PM10/14/11
to General Dart Discussion
Do I need all the memory to build Dart as for Chrome ie 8MB.

I only have 2MB onboard and 2MB Swap on Ubuntu 10.04 desktop.

From what I am reading I am interested in trying using the VM.

Keep up the good work. You have a mountain to climb.

Bruce Williams

Oct 22, 2011, 3:31:45 PM10/22/11
to Bruce Johnson, Federico Giovagnoli, General Dart Discussion
I had some problems following the eclipse plugin build directions - has anybody succeeded?

Bruce Williams
Concepts, like individuals, have their histories and are just as incapable
of withstanding the ravages of time as are individuals.

But in and through all this they retain a kind of homesickness
for the scenes of their childhood.

Soren Kierkegaard

chrisbuckett

Oct 22, 2011, 3:54:23 PM10/22/11
to General Dart Discussion
Hi,

Check out the following posts on my blog:

Building Eclipse IDE Plugin:
http://dartwatch.com/index.php/2011/10/step-by-step-building-the-dart-eclipse-ide-plugin/
Building Dart IDE http://dartwatch.com/index.php/2011/10/building-the-stand-alone-dart-editor-darteditor-ide/

Hope the help