DartEditor + homebrew [update]

Kevin Moore

Jun 14, 2012, 7:32:06 PM6/14/12
to General Dart Discussion
After chatting w/ folks on the homebrew core team, we've decided to
not put the Dart Editor in the main deploy. Mostly because it's just a
giant app install, which doesn't align well with their core goals.

*BUT* Homebrew is still an amazing tool for keeping Dart up-to-date.

*SO* https://gist.github.com/2933621

To install latest 'integration' build:

brew install https://raw.github.com/gist/2933621/dart-editor.rb

To install almost latest continuous build (as I can keep up with it):

brew install https://raw.github.com/gist/2933621/dart-editor.rb --
devel

Feel free comment/fork the gist if you have other ideas.

Happy brewing.

Seth Ladd

Jun 14, 2012, 7:54:38 PM6/14/12
to Kevin Moore, General Dart Discussion
Hi Kevin,

Hopefully we can keep the Dart SDK on the radar for homebrew. Having an easy way to download, compile, and install Dart for the command line would be a huge win. Hackathon project? :)

Thanks,
Seth

Kevin Moore

Jun 14, 2012, 8:06:00 PM6/14/12
to General Dart Discussion
Getting an SVN checkout of the SDK source built on a Mac w/out gclient/etc is a good first step.

The current dart formula is just a download of the pre-built Mac package, which isn't really a good alignment w/ the homebrew philosophy.

Seth Ladd

Jun 14, 2012, 8:29:34 PM6/14/12
to Kevin Moore, General Dart Discussion
For the brave, here's a GitHub repo for using cmake and Dart:

Looks like it's about a month old, but might give you hope. :)

Warning, I haven't tried this.

Don Olmstead

Jun 14, 2012, 8:57:20 PM6/14/12
to Seth Ladd, Kevin Moore, General Dart Discussion
Never tried building the editor, but I have gotten the runtime up and running using GYP directly. GYP is way easier to deal with than CMake.