Dartium is available for download

Kathy

Feb 15, 2012, 4:38:30 PM2/15/12
to General Dart Discussion
Details here:

http://www.dartlang.org/dartium/

(No Windows binaries yet, but we're working on that, along with better
integration into Dart Editor.)

-k-

Christian Grobmeier

Feb 15, 2012, 5:03:18 PM2/15/12
to Kathy, General Dart Discussion

Adam Gray

Feb 15, 2012, 5:08:17 PM2/15/12
to Kathy, General Dart Discussion
Fantastic!

wstrange

Feb 15, 2012, 5:33:01 PM2/15/12
to General Dart Discussion

On Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit I get:
./chrome: error while loading shared libraries: libgconf-2.so.4: wrong
ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Are there some pre-reqs required for Linux?

Thanks

Vijay Menon

Feb 15, 2012, 5:43:03 PM2/15/12
to wstrange, General Dart Discussion
Hmm, this a 32-bit binary.  You may need to install some extra libs.  Can you try step #1 here:

and let us know?

- Vijay

Justin Fagnani

Feb 15, 2012, 6:12:01 PM2/15/12
to Vijay Menon, wstrange, General Dart Discussion
Dartium doesn't like the #resource() directives that the Dart Editor adds. Is this a known issue? What purpose does #resource server?

Besides that... awesome! Being able to instantly refresh is an incredible time saver.

-Justin

Seth Ladd

Feb 15, 2012, 6:19:24 PM2/15/12
to Justin Fagnani, Vijay Menon, wstrange, General Dart Discussion
I heard the story that #resource was used so that the Editor knows about non-Dart files (so you can open and edit). I'd love to know if this is true. :)

Vijay Menon

Feb 15, 2012, 6:22:49 PM2/15/12
to Seth Ladd, Justin Fagnani, wstrange, General Dart Discussion
The VM doesn't support #resource yet:

wstrange

Feb 15, 2012, 6:43:44 PM2/15/12
to General Dart Discussion

Hi Vijay

I tried step 1 but it did not work.

./chrome
./chrome: error while loading shared libraries: libgconf-2.so.4: wrong
ELF class: ELFCLASS64

ldd chrome | grep libgconf
libgconf-2.so.4 => not found

I gather I need to install a 32 bit libgconf (it does not show up in /
usr/lib32 or /lib32).

Vijay Menon

Feb 15, 2012, 6:51:18 PM2/15/12
to wstrange, General Dart Discussion
Yes, mine is here:

> ldd out/Release/chrome | grep libgconf
libgconf-2.so.4 => /usr/lib32/libgconf-2.so.4 (0xf25b9000)

You might take a closer look at the install-build-deps.sh from step 1.  My copy mentions libgconf2-dev.  I believe it should install the 32-bit version for you.

wstrange

Feb 15, 2012, 7:04:38 PM2/15/12
to General Dart Discussion

I was able to get it working by manually downloading 32 bit versions
of libgconf and libORBit and placing them in the same directory. I
get other lib 32 errors (I am not sure I am out of the woods yet) -
but Chrome does come up.

About a month ago I installed the chromium build and deps, and then
removed them. So it could be that something is messed up in my
environment.

Warren

Nelson Silva

Feb 16, 2012, 4:58:53 AM2/16/12
to General Dart Discussion
:( 32 bit ...

when will we start using 64 bit and utf8 everywhere ?

Florian Loitsch

Feb 16, 2012, 5:39:38 AM2/16/12
to Nelson Silva, General Dart Discussion
On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:58, Nelson Silva <nelson...@gmail.com> wrote:
:( 32 bit ...

when will we start using 64 bit and utf8 everywhere ?
Given that a 32bit build works on 64bit machines it makes sense to start with the lowest common denominator first.
Don't forget that in the case of a VM it is not as simple as switching the compile-time flags. Each platform needs a specialized backend which takes a lot of effort. The VM team is already working on a 64bit backend so it's just a matter of time before a full 64bit dartium is available.
// florian

--
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the whole day,
but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Nelson Silva

Feb 16, 2012, 7:38:02 AM2/16/12
to General Dart Discussion
I understand... just expressing my frustration ;)

ctabor

Feb 18, 2012, 2:02:25 AM2/18/12
to General Dart Discussion
Yes ubuntu oneric 11.10 ia32-libs no longer includes the 32bit version
of libgconf2-4

But you can add them with getlibs:
wget https://launchpad.net/~jcollins/+archive/jaminppa/+build/1482994/+files/getlibs_2.06-0ubuntu1%7Eppa2_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i getlibs_2.06-0ubuntu1~ppa2_all.deb
sudo getlibs -p libgconf2-4
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib32
sudo ldconfig

Then chrome comes up.