Running webdev behind nginx inside docker.

Alexander H.

Dec 29, 2020, 5:37:35 PM12/29/20
to Dart Web Development
Hey everybody,

In order to speed up my development, I put a dart frontend(angular) in a container and the backend inside another container, and forwarded both through nginx. On a fundamental level it appears to work. However several of the requests to the container running the dart application fail with internal server error, coming from the dart container:

frontenddev     | ERROR - 2020-12-29 21:33:45.698157
frontenddev     | GET /packages/angular_router/src/directives/router_outlet_directive.template.unsound.ddc.js.map
frontenddev     | Error thrown by handler.
frontenddev     |
frontenddev     | package:shelf_proxy/shelf_proxy.dart 55:39  proxyHandler.<fn>
frontenddev     |

It appears to happen specifically for ddc's. Has anyone dealt with this and what was the solution? I found a thread on github which suggested using webdev_proxy but that didn't change anything sadly.

Cheers