p5.js for dart

Michał T. Lorenc

Apr 2, 2019, 3:41:53 AM4/2/19
to Dart Web Development
Hello,
I discovered a YouTube channel about p5.js (https://www.youtube.com/user/shiffman). Additionally, I found a TypeScript project (https://github.com/p5-types) which creates type definitions.

    import 'script-loader!p5/lib/p5.min.js'
    import 'script-loader!p5/lib/addons/p5.dom.min.js'

    const x = 100;
    const y = 100;

    export function setup() {
      createCanvas(200, 200);
      select('canvas')!.position(100, 100);
    }

    export function draw() {
      background(0);
      fill(255);
      ellipse(x, y, 50, 50);
    }

Is it to use p5.js inside AngularDart?

Additionally, I found a YouTube channel about StageXL (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAuMeZs2nK0&list=PL0iaWPijZ-OcWATEvqzvy-mLX3fdwLmY6). Is StageXL comparable to p5.js?

Thank you in advance

Michal

Lawford Campbell

Apr 2, 2019, 5:34:13 AM4/2/19
to w...@dartlang.org
My basic use case for dart is web development

My way is not the only way definitely not the recommended way.

1. Aqueduct once I can define the object it makes it easy to do rest requests.

2. Front end I use typescript and angular simply because the npm community is stronger than the dart community front end personal preference.

You could read tutorials all day. They will give you lots of ideas. Build a backend query a database then everything else falls in place. The easiest database to start with is probably MongoDB but to make stronger apps faster your going to need a relational database like Postgres.

Start with a project dart web application development that package is aqueduct. Read the tutorials build something great they have links to examples and a slack channel . Then send me a link