Dart performance in 3 years (2015-now)

Kiswono Prayogo

Sep 13, 2018, 3:33:42 AM9/13/18
to Dart VM Developers
Hi, I've been a fan of Golang for past 4 years, and probably gonna be a fan of Dart (since it's better than Javascript).
I just want to share my findings, that Dart have been improving greatly in terms of performance and especially memory usage,
but currently not as fast as PHP7 (which I'm not a fan of) that being a winner in this benchmark.

I believe Dart can be improved more in terms of runtime performance.

Screenshot for those didn't want to open the link:

Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 14.30.47.png

Randal L. Schwartz

Sep 13, 2018, 9:39:22 AM9/13/18
to Kiswono Prayogo, Dart VM Developers

Kiswono> I just want to share my findings, that Dart have been improving
Kiswono> greatly in terms of performance and especially memory usage,
Kiswono> but currently not as fast as PHP7 (which I'm not a fan of) that
Kiswono> being a winner in this benchmark.

You're unfairly lumping the Dart compile-time into the runtime. Please
try again with a snapshot.

<mer...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Unix/Dart consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
Still trying to think of something clever for the fourth line of this .sig

Kiswono Prayogo

Sep 14, 2018, 12:51:39 AM9/14/18
to mer...@stonehenge.com, vm-...@dartlang.org
Hi, it doesn't really matter, only 1.34 sec less..

$ time dart --snapshot=map.snap map.dart && time dart map.snap
CPU: 1.34s Real: 1.02s RAM: 179900KB
6009354 6009348 611297
36186112 159701682 23370001
CPU: 59.50s Real: 60.87s RAM: 1704140KB