Dartium for Windows

Paul Lin

Nov 2, 2023, 5:23:29 AM11/2/23
to Dart Misc
Can anyone here please provide a direct link to download dartium for Windows that is compatible with dart 1.24.2.

We have a super old app that is still using dart 1.24.2.

Thank you very much for reading my message.

William Hesse

Nov 2, 2023, 5:42:17 AM11/2/23
to Dart Misc, Paul Lin

The Dartium (Chrome browser with embedded Dart VM) binaries that were produced have an internal expiration check, so the binaries will refuse to run unless the system clock is set back 7 years.
These binaries will also have unpatched security vulnerabilities.

The URL used in the Chocolatey Dartium package install script is still active, but I strongly recommend against downloading and trying to use these binaries. It is a 32-bit binary, as well.

Paul Lin

Nov 2, 2023, 10:26:44 AM11/2/23
to Dart Misc, William Hesse, Paul Lin
Thank you William. I've downloaded chocolatey and ran `choco install dartium` but I got Get-BinRoot not recognized so I guess the function does not exist in the latest chocolatey. I may need to dig into how to get an older version of chocolatey.

William Hesse

Nov 2, 2023, 10:31:41 AM11/2/23
to Paul Lin, Dart Misc
I was saying (but not suggesting) that you just look at the file chocolateyInstall.ps1 in the chocolatey package, at the link I gave, and use the download URL for Dartium that is in that file.
I am not posting that URL directly because I really think this is a useless and dangerous product to download at this time.

Why can't the app be compiled with dart2js using the 1.24.2 SDK and deployed? Was it really deployed to the web only as .dart files and not compiled with dart2js?
Only the case of a deployed app with deployed dart files, that cannot be redeployed using dart2js, and which must be used in its current deployment, would justify running Dartium.
You may want to post, with more detail, the actual problem you are trying to solve, instead of focusing on this Dartium approach to solving it, which isn't recommended at all.

--

       - William Hesse

Paul Lin

Nov 3, 2023, 3:53:08 AM11/3/23
to Dart Misc, William Hesse, Dart Misc
I'm using dartium mainly for debugging dart code. I could run the application in Chrome but it's extremely hard to debug in compiled code.

Thank you again for the information that helped me get pass my issue.

FWIW, if someone really wants to use dartium 1.24.2, you have to downgrade chocolatey to 1.4.0 then you should be able to "choco install dartium"