[dart-announce] breaking change #46545: dropping support for ES5

'Siggi Cherem' via Dart Announcements

Jul 1, 2021, 8:21:55 PM7/1/21
to anno...@dartlang.org
Two years ago we announced a plan to deprecate support for ES5. Changes in priorities made us delay our plans until now.

In an upcoming Dart release, dart2js will by default start generating code that uses ES6 features and as a result apps will no longer work in older browsers like IE11 that lack such features.

You can find details and provide feedback at https://github.com/dart-lang/sdk/issues/46545

--
For more ways to connect visit https://dart.dev/community

Daniel Varga

Jul 2, 2021, 1:48:19 AM7/2/21
to Dart Misc, anno...@dartlang.org
I am most delighted to see that change!

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dart Misc" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/dartlang.org/d/msgid/misc/CAJmP2_p2GE7xC5r1XCSVQZFiSwVtmP06HQNhrY5n%2BL1WpvzhTg%40mail.gmail.com.