access to populate search boxes on api.{dart,flutter}.dev

Randal L. Schwartz

May 31, 2021, 5:19:41 PM5/31/21
to Dart Misc

Is there some URL I can visit that would automatically populate the
search box for both of the API sites? I've been using a far-more-crude
"site:api.dart.dev $searchterm" on google, but I'm sure someone knows a
shorter shortcut for this, because that usually finds a lot of stuff I
don't need.

<mer...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Dart/Flutter consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
Still trying to think of something clever for the fourth line of this .sig

Istvan Soos

May 31, 2021, 6:04:41 PM5/31/21
to mi...@dartlang.org
pub.dev exposes Dart SDK API search, and we are also working to have
Flutter SDK API search too.
Any suggestion to make this search better and more useful is appreciated :)

Cheers,
Istvan
> --
> For more ways to connect visit https://dart.dev/community
> ---

Randal L. Schwartz

May 31, 2021, 11:19:48 PM5/31/21
to Istvan Soos, mi...@dartlang.org

Istvan> pub.dev exposes Dart SDK API search, and we are also working to have
Istvan> Flutter SDK API search too.
Istvan> Any suggestion to make this search better and more useful is
Istvan> appreciated :)

Oooh, so my existing shortcut:

https://pub.dev/packages?q={query}

works for dart api already? Nice!

Hmm. Just tried, and yes, it brings up dart:core when searching for
"List.sort", but doesn't drill down automatically. Would still be nice
to do what the search box in api.dart.dev does, even without
autocomplete. Is there a URL-GET interface for those?