Getting text from obscured text fields

Chris Norman

Nov 14, 2021, 2:42:39 PM11/14/21
to mi...@dartlang.org
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I don't seem to be able to get text from a `TextFormField` instance using Flutter web.

I'm using a `TextEditingCOntroller`, and setting `obscureText: true`, and when I try to use `controller.text`, I only get the last character left padded with bullet symbols. It's the same when using `controller.value.text`.

I'm using the latest Flutter from the beta channel, although I've also tried with the stable channel.

If this isn't expected behaviour, I'll submit an issue, but thought I'd ask here, in case it was something really stupid I was doing.

Thanks in advance,

Take care,

Chris Norman

James Cook

Nov 14, 2021, 5:23:28 PM11/14/21
to mi...@dartlang.org
It works fine for me, and I’m using controller.text.

Maybe you can post your code to see if there is a simple error there? "Last character left padded with bullet symbols” seems to indicate a specific problem. Maybe a text encoding format. Are you changing the encoding anywhere?
--
For more ways to connect visit https://dart.dev/community
---

Chris Norman

Nov 14, 2021, 5:26:53 PM11/14/21
to mi...@dartlang.org
Hi,
I have since done a little more digging, and while it works no worries on Android, Chrome is not working.

There is minimal code on the issue I created. I'll be interested what results you get.

Take care,

Chris Norman