Running tests in VS Code

Chris Norman

Oct 6, 2021, 11:22:00 AM10/6/21
to mi...@dartlang.org
Hi all,
I'm sure I've done this before, but now I can't make it work.

I want to be able to run `dart test` from within VS Code, and have any resulting errors appear as problems which I can get to with f8 et al.

Is this possible? Google hasn't really helped me, but that's probably more because I'm using the wrong search term.

Thanks in advance.

Take care,

Chris Norman

Danny Tuppeny

Oct 7, 2021, 5:47:10 AM10/7/21
to Dart Misc, chris....@googlemail.com
There's nothing in the Dart extension that does this, however VS Code's new test runner (which is now the default in the latest version of the Dart extension) has some similar functionality for jumping between test failures shown in this issue here:

Although in my testing, that Peek Error option does nothing in the current stable VS Code. It works in insiders, though the keybinding for jumping to the next failure seems to be scoped only to the file. If you'd like to be able to jump through them all, it'd be worth filing a VS Code issue (this UI is handled by VS Code and not something extensions can influence).