pub hangs "Loading source assets"

Daniel Davidson

Nov 14, 2015, 9:22:22 AM11/14/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
What is the fix for this? I'm using Dart VM version: 1.13.0-dev.7.10 but it happens for me on Dart VM version: 1.12.2  as well.

I have multiple projects. This pubspec hangs.  I've found suggestion of fixing by removing pub-cache.
If I remove ~/.pub-cache it might help one project. But then the others hang as well.
Is there a known workaround?

Also, what does "Loading source assets" mean?

I use drone for some of my projects and it never has issues. Is that because it only pulling in one project on a fresh setup is not a problem but multiple is?

Here is the pubspec that consistently hangs on me. It does have a git reference. That referred project on my local drive will pub update just fine.
If I comment out that one it works. So somehow it is this git reference I think.

name: ebisu_cpp
version: 0.3.5
author: Daniel Davidson
  A library that supports code generation of C++ code and
  supporting infrastructure. The focus is both code (e.g. classes,
  enums, functions, ...)  and overall structure (cpp files, hpp
  files, build scripts, test files, etc.)

dependencies:

# custom <ebisu_cpp dependencies>

  quiver: ">=0.21.0<0.22.0"
  ini: ">=1.0.0<1.2.0"
  github: ">=2.1.2<2.2.0"
  id: "^1.0.11"

  ebisu:

  path: "^1.3.0"
  petitparser: "^1.4.3"
  stack_trace: "^1.4.1"

# end <ebisu_cpp dependencies>

dev_dependencies:
  yaml: "any"
  browser: "any"
  hop: "any"
  hop_docgen: "any"

# custom <ebisu_cpp dev dependencies>

  collection: "^1.1.0"
  test: "^0.12.0"

environment:
  sdk: ">=1.8.0 <2.0.0"

# end <ebisu_cpp dev dependencies>

dependency_overrides:
# custom <ebisu_cpp dependency overrides>

# end <ebisu_cpp dependency overrides>

transformers:

# custom <ebisu_cpp transformers>
# end <ebisu_cpp transformers>

Thanks
Dan

Daniel Davidson

Nov 14, 2015, 6:37:55 PM11/14/15
to Dart Misc
Ok - I found out what it takes to get past the "Loading source assets" hang.
In addition to removing the pub-cache and packages it is important to remove any/all packages soft links.

rm -rf ~/.pub-cache
rm -rf $PROJ/packages
rm -rf $PROJ/.packages
rm -rf $PROJ/.pub
rm -rf $PROJ/pubspec.lock
           ##### Assumes only soft links are packages
find $PROJ -type l | xargs rm