[dart-announce] Considering discontinuing package:oauth2

'Devon Carew' via Dart Announcements

Nov 9, 2022, 6:58:47 PM11/9/22
to anno...@dartlang.org
Hi! We're considering discontinuing package:oauth2. package:oauth2 is a client library for performing OAuth2 authentication for command line tools.

The details for why we're considering this - and some options for people currently using the package - are in the tracking issue: https://github.com/dart-lang/oauth2/issues/137. Briefly:
  • the package was initially authored for use in the pub client
  • we don't believe however that we have the bandwidth to maintain the package as a general purpose OAuth2 client, and, the package has a non-zero maintenance backlog
  • if we discontinue our package, we think it'll give more space for the community to come up with a new, better supported option
We welcome feedback about this (and would like to use the issue for most of the discussion). Cheers,

Devon

--
Devon Carew
Google, Inc.