very slow dart.exe run

Shlomo Belleli

Jun 16, 2022, 10:38:19 AM6/16/22
to Dart Misc
Hi
lately, I'm facing performance problems with development with Dart, to run the command dart --version, it took 15 seconds to get an answer

to rub web Dart application "C:\Program Files\Dart\dart-sdk\bin\dart.exe" pub global run webdev daemon web:53322 --launch-app=web/index.html
from Intelij community it took 2.19 minutes to pass this line
"C:\Program Files\Dart\dart-sdk\bin\dart.exe" pub global run webdev daemon web:53322 --launch-app=web/index.html
[INFO] Connecting to the build daemon...

and 2.54 minutes to show the web page (a very small one)

Any clue?

Jacob Bang

Jun 17, 2022, 10:20:44 AM6/17/22
to Dart Misc
Can you please post the output of running: dart --version

Den tor. 16. jun. 2022 kl. 16.38 skrev Shlomo Belleli
<shlomo....@gmail.com>:
> --
> For more ways to connect visit https://dart.dev/community
> ---

Jacob Bang / julemand101

Shlomo Belleli

Jun 17, 2022, 10:23:10 AM6/17/22
to Dart Misc, julem...@gmail.com
Dart SDK version: 2.17.3 (stable) (Wed Jun 1 11:06:41 2022 +0200) on "windows_x64"

Shlomo Belleli

Jun 17, 2022, 10:26:08 AM6/17/22
to Dart Misc, Shlomo Belleli, julem...@gmail.com
I have already done some actions, like clean the packages cache, it is now  better but still,  the  pub global run webdev   will take minutes to run

Jacob Bang

Jun 17, 2022, 10:29:48 AM6/17/22
to Dart Misc
Just a wild guess, do you have some aggressive virus scanner running?

Not that I think it matter a lot but what specifications does you computer have?

Den fre. 17. jun. 2022 kl. 16.23 skrev Shlomo Belleli

Shlomo Belleli

Jun 17, 2022, 10:38:25 AM6/17/22
to Dart Misc, julem...@gmail.com
I don't think so
This is the same old dev computer for the last 10 years
Running very well, no changes to any system tools
very modest and careful with any new "things", no game, media staff, or newbies issus
only the required tools and data
I tried to run the webdev from cmd or IDEs
and the result is the same, very slow
and it is a new problem, two, three weeks ago, not more

hardware spec
Lenovo X230
CPU: I5 3220M
memory 16GB