Dart Plugin for IntelliJ discussions to move mailing lists...

Jaime Wren

May 15, 2015, 5:07:39 PM5/15/15
to jetbrains-dart...@dartlang.org, Alexander Doroshko
We setup a group on dartlang.org a long time ago: jetbrains-dart-plugin-discuss@dartlang.org, but failed to start using it.  I believe that all interested parties are part of the group (check here).

Now that there are more than a few of us, we can just use it, this way we can stop listing out individual's emails.

Finally, do realize that it is a dartlang.org, open source list.

- Jaime

Alexander Doroshko

May 18, 2015, 10:57:13 AM5/18/15
On 16.05.2015 0:07, 'Jaime Wren' via Dart plugin for JetBrains Editors wrote:
We setup a group on dartlang.org a long time ago: jetbrains-dart-plugin-discuss@dartlang.org, but failed to start using it.  I believe that all interested parties are part of the group (check here).

Now that there are more than a few of us, we can just use it, this way we can stop listing out individual's emails.
Sure.
I noticed that messges contain 'Reply to' header that suggests to reply not to the list but to the sender only. Can it be configured so that default Reply button in email clients sends to the jetbrains-dart-plugin-discuss@?

Finally, do realize that it is a dartlang.org, open source list.
Does it mean that all emails remain publicly available in the web forever and anyone is free to join the list?

Jaime Wren

May 18, 2015, 11:21:11 AM5/18/15
to Alexander Doroshko, jetbrains-dart...@dartlang.org

Reply-All?  If  jetbrains-dart-plugin-discuss@ is in the TO address, it should be replied to...  regardless, it is easier than multiple emails addresses.

Finally, do realize that it is a dartlang.org, open source list.
Does it mean that all emails remain publicly available in the web forever and anyone is free to join the list?

@Seth, how does membership/access work?  I thought it was public, but when I tried to access it via the web, I couldn't get to it from my gmail account.

- Jaime

Alexander Doroshko

May 18, 2015, 12:07:18 PM5/18/15
to jetbrains-dart...@dartlang.org
Here all messages are visible even without being logged in.
I'm afraid Internet is not the place where I want to share my daily status and all my day-to-day activity.

Seth Ladd

May 18, 2015, 2:08:38 PM5/18/15
to Alexander Doroshko, jetbrains-dart...@dartlang.org
The list should be public, as that is the intent (it's for general discussion around the plugin for jetbrains).

It's easy to setup a jetbrains-dart-plugin-eng@ list that's closed to just engineers. Let me know if that's what you'd like, happy to set it up.

Alexander Doroshko

May 19, 2015, 4:24:03 AM5/19/15
to Seth Ladd, jetbrains-dart...@dartlang.org
Yes, private alias for engineers day-to-day chat sounds good to me.
In fact it already exists (dart-intellij-eng@) but doesn't work for me :), so I'm ok with fixing it or creating one more like jetbrains-dart-plugin-eng@