Visual Layout Editor for Flutter

krupal shah

Jun 12, 2018, 1:12:55 PM6/12/18
to Dart Core Development
As flutter has grown up now, are there any plan to have full featured visual editor for flutter layouts before stable release?
I'm an early adopter of Dart. Flutter seems more like lego blocks - components which can be glued together when needed.
As Flutter is built this way,  it should have a layout editor that would allow to join these components very easily.
I think Flutter is built that way where tooling would be easy to develop on the top of framework.
Most of us would agree that creating a UI is mundane task and one should not waste valuable time to write code just for layouts.

I just wanted to know whether a full featured layout editor is something that is in the roadmap of Flutter? Thanks.

Randal L. Schwartz

Jun 13, 2018, 12:38:35 PM6/13/18
to krupal shah, Dart Core Development

krupal> I just wanted to know whether a full featured layout editor is
krupal> something that is in the roadmap of Flutter? Thanks.

Third party, but pretty mature already:

https://flutterstudio.app

<mer...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Unix/Dart consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
Still trying to think of something clever for the fourth line of this .sig