dart2js --batch

Florian Loitsch

May 26, 2014, 5:40:56 AM5/26/14
to Dart Compiler Developers
I committed the --batch option for dart2js last week. This means that we can keep the VM warm while running our tests. It is still partially untested (we want to make a big diff with and without the flag on the test outputs), but since it reduces the testing time by a factor of 3 I already use it to run the tests locally.

Here is a hackish patch to make the testing-framework use "--batch":
https://codereview.chromium.org/297233005/

Rico is working on a clean patch.
--
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the whole day,
but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Rico Wind

May 26, 2014, 7:37:27 AM5/26/14
to Florian Loitsch, Dart Compiler Developers
You can pass --dart2js-batch to the testing script now (this flag will be removed again when we start defaulting to this, after which you will be able to use the no batch flag to disable it)

I have set up a bot here:

It is in the same category as the other normal dart2js bots on the main waterfall.

We should let it stay for a few days as a sanity check before we start defaulting to this.(on top of the diff Florian is doing)

Cheers,
Rico

Florian Loitsch

Johnni Winther

May 26, 2014, 11:04:48 AM5/26/14
to Florian Loitsch, Rico Wind, Dart Compiler Developers
It doesn't work on Windows. (Some problems with paths). I'll look at it tomorrow.

Rico Wind

May 26, 2014, 11:43:39 AM5/26/14
to Johnni Winther, Florian Loitsch, Dart Compiler Developers

That is a known issue - Florian knows what it is

Rico

Rico Wind

Aug 14, 2014, 3:22:16 AM8/14/14
to Johnni Winther, Florian Loitsch, Dart Compiler Developers
This is now the default on all bots on bleeding edge (windows is still running non batch on dev/stable)

Cheers,
Rico