dev_compiler output with types

Peter StJ

Jan 29, 2016, 6:25:28 PM1/29/16
to Dart Compiler Developers
I was under the impression that the dev_compiler should emit code that is useful in JavaScript projects right away which might be so, but all the type information is lost , thus making the code less easy to incorporate in configurations that use types such as typescript and closure compiler.

Closure compiler has a flag (--dart_pass) which is supposed to tranpile the output to something useful in closure project, but it currently fails (I assume it was not updated).

I would appreciate if someone can tell how to make the dev compiler emit code that preserves the type information in a way or is this currently not supported?

Thanks.

Günter Zöchbauer

Jan 30, 2016, 5:52:30 AM1/30/16
to Dart Compiler Developers
That's work in progress. A first version was announced to be available "soon" on a comment to an issue.