crlf issues on pkg/compiler/lib/src/elements/common.dart - can't rebase after gclient sync

Patrice Chalin

Jun 26, 2015, 11:34:25 AM6/26/15
to compil...@dartlang.org, core...@dartlang.org
There seems to be some work being done on crlf auto/non-conversion of SDK files. Now after sync'ing I can't manually rebase because of unstaged changes:

HEAD detached at HEAD

Changes not staged for commit:

  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)

  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

modified:   pkg/compiler/lib/src/elements/common.dart

Discarding the change doesn't help since it reappears. The file in question is in DOS format (crlf) and I'm working in MacOS X. I have tried the solutions on SO but they haven't worked for me. I suspect that some of you might be in this position too and you might have a solution. If so, please share :).

Thanks,
Patrice

Bob Nystrom

Jun 26, 2015, 12:30:29 PM6/26/15
to Patrice Chalin, Stephan Herhut, compil...@dartlang.org, core...@dartlang.org
Stephan recently made some .gitattributes change related to this, so hopefully he can sort you out.

Cheers!

- bob

Peter Ahé

Jun 26, 2015, 12:36:04 PM6/26/15
to Bob Nystrom, Patrice Chalin, Stephan Herhut, compil...@dartlang.org, core...@dartlang.org

Peter Ahé

Jun 26, 2015, 12:40:28 PM6/26/15
to Bob Nystrom, Patrice Chalin, Stephan Herhut, compil...@dartlang.org, core...@dartlang.org

Patrice Chalin

Jun 26, 2015, 12:47:55 PM6/26/15
to Peter Ahé, Bob Nystrom, Stephan Herhut, compil...@dartlang.org, core...@dartlang.org
That did the trick, thanks!
--
Patrice View my LinkedIn Profile. Google+ Profile.