best way to deploy dart to desktops ?

Joe Blue

Aug 30, 2016, 11:08:39 AM8/30/16
to Dart Server-side and Cloud Development
Hey everyone,

i have built a dart web client. I will be wrapping ti with electron

I have also build a dart server, that serves data to the client.

Now, the questions is  about how best to run it on a clean (no dart vm etc) machine.

I read somewhere about using the dart snapshot, with dartium.
But, on the Dartium google page, it says NOT to use Dartium because its not secure.
It would of course mean that Dartium would have to be included in the packaging.

Interested to knwo how others are approaching this....

thanks....

Joe

Message has been deleted

Natalie Weizenbaum

Feb 6, 2018, 5:21:38 PM2/6/18
to Joe Blue, Dart Server-side and Cloud Development
The best way to run the client app is to compile it to JavaScript. Then you can run it anywhere JavaScript works.

As for the server, you can run dart --snapshot=myapp.dart.snapshot myapp.dart to create a "snapshot" of the application--a single file that contains a serialized representation of all its code, including all the libraries it uses. Then you can distribute this along with the Dart executable to any machine and run it using dart myapp.dart.snapshot without any external dependencies.