Setup MySQL with flutter/dart for local development and testing on mobile/android

John Ravi

Oct 25, 2018, 5:53:42 AM10/25/18
to Dart Server-side and Cloud Development

Please Suggest Minimum Viable packages/ plugins to setup and query MySQL locally on phones using Flutter/Dart.

I am out in the wild with zero knowledge. Googling gave me sqlJocky, Dart http packageShelf package.

Is that all I need to setup? any blog or guide is appreciated. Thank you!

SO Question.

Carl Mosca

Oct 25, 2018, 6:06:40 AM10/25/18
to John Ravi, Dart Server-side and Cloud Development
Any thoughts about graphql or odata?

John Ravi

Oct 25, 2018, 6:28:00 AM10/25/18
to Dart Server-side and Cloud Development, flag...@gmail.com
I didn't find answer from them.

Leo Cavalcante

Oct 25, 2018, 1:34:20 PM10/25/18
to flag...@gmail.com, cl...@dartlang.org
Connecting to a MySQL server directly from Flutter wouldn't be a good ideia.
Don't forget that Flutter, despite the capabilities of an entire Dart VM, is still a client,
this means, you will have keys and/or passwords bundled in your client-side.