The Angel Framework has Reached v1.0.0!

Tobe Osakwe

Apr 18, 2017, 4:43:35 PM4/18/17
to Dart Server-side and Cloud Development
Greetings, Dartisans! It is with great pleasure that I announce the official 1.0.0 release of the Angel framework, after nearly 14 months of development!

Angel is a full-featured server-side Web application framework for the Dart programming language. It strives to be a flexible, extensible system, to be easily scalable, and to allow as much code to be shared between clients and servers as possible. Ultimately, I believe that this approach will shorten the time it takes to build a full-stack Web application, from start to finish.

With features like the following, Angel is the all-in-one framework you should choose to build your next project:

  • Advanced, Modular Routing
  • Middleware
  • Dependency Injection
  • And much more...

A huge thanks to all who have contributed to or shown interest in the project over the past year! Your support has gone a long way, and will continue to be the driving force behind Angel.

Feel free to share news about the launch, or to star the Angel repo on Github.

---

It's easy to get started with Angel. See the instructions and in-depth documentation in the main repo: https://github.com/angel-dart/angel

And yes, I've posted this just about everywhere in the Dart community. Trying really hard to spread the word.

Faisal Abid

Apr 19, 2017, 11:12:34 AM4/19/17
to Tobe Osakwe, Dart Server-side and Cloud Development
Thats cool, I saw you have support for rethinkdb, did you write a custom driver for rethink?

Sent from my phone

Tobe Osakwe

Apr 19, 2017, 3:10:29 PM4/19/17
to Dart Server-side and Cloud Development, thos...@gmail.com
No, I actually used the existing driver. However, it wasn't compatible with crypto ^2.0.0, so I had to make a small fork. I did write the angel_rethink adapter, though, which just lets you use RethinkDB as a data store to power services. :)

Faisal Abid

Apr 19, 2017, 3:29:32 PM4/19/17
to Tobe Osakwe, Dart Server-side and Cloud Development
Cool! Good work!!