Dart M2

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
Dart M2 Anders 12/18/12 8:58 AM
We’re happy to announce the next milestone of the Dart project - M2. The bits for the editor and SDK are available at dartlang.org.

A few features you may like in this release:
  • Significantly smaller generated JavaScript from dart2js due to tree-shaking of the html libraries and general minification.  Tree-shaking is on by default. Minification requires the command line flag --minify.  As a result, the generated code for swarm is now only half the size compared to M1.
  • Support for uploading of user packages to pub.

The M3 release will focus on core library cleanup and the new streaming API for asynchronous communication.

We’re looking forward to your feedback and thanks for your support.

--
Anders Thorhauge Sandholm,
Product Manager, Google Denmark

Re: Dart M2 Chris Buckett 12/18/12 9:08 AM
Well done everyone on the Dart team... :)
Re: [dart-misc] Dart M2 Seth Ladd 12/18/12 9:10 AM
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Anders Sandholm <sand...@google.com> wrote:
We’re happy to announce the next milestone of the Dart project - M2. The bits for the editor and SDK are available at dartlang.org.

A few features you may like in this release:
  • Significantly smaller generated JavaScript from dart2js due to tree-shaking of the html libraries and general minification.  Tree-shaking is on by default. Minification requires the command line flag --minify.  As a result, the generated code for swarm is now only half the size compared to M1.
  • Support for uploading of user packages to pub.

The M3 release will focus on core library cleanup and the new streaming API for asynchronous communication.

We’re looking forward to your feedback and thanks for your support.

If you're curious what else happened during M2, we put together a (non-exhaustive) list here: https://www.dartlang.org/articles/m2-whats-new/

Enjoy!

--
Anders Thorhauge Sandholm,
Product Manager, Google Denmark
CVR nr. 28 86 69 84

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart

Re: [dart-misc] Dart M2 Christian Grobmeier 12/18/12 10:31 AM
Great write up Seth.

I like the fact Dart does compile to minimal JS now. It was actually something a few people I spoke to considered a blocker.
M2 is a big step forward, congratulations!

Cheers
Re: Dart M2 George Moschovitis 12/18/12 11:30 AM
Congrats!
Re: [dart-misc] Dart M2 Nik Graf 12/18/12 8:23 PM
Awesome! Great work

Sent from my iPhone
--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart