Is there a way to copy the launch profiles in Dart Editor?

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
Is there a way to copy the launch profiles in Dart Editor? John Evans 8/10/12 6:30 AM
I download the latest editor/SDK each day and rebuilding launch profiles for my projects each time.  I was wondering if there is a file somewhere that I can just copy over instead?
Re: Is there a way to copy the launch profiles in Dart Editor? John Evans 8/10/12 6:32 AM
I cross-posted this to SO.   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11902768/is-there-a-way-to-copy-launch-profiles-from-one-instance-of-dart-editor-to-anoth
Re: Is there a way to copy the launch profiles in Dart Editor? Matthew Butler 8/10/12 6:34 AM
While I haven't tried with the continuous, I overwrite the existing install each week when I update the integrated build. This keeps my settings and profiles without any issues and it's very rare when something messes up and I have to blow away the dart/ directory and reinstall 'clean'.

Matt

On Friday, August 10, 2012 10:30:23 AM UTC-3, John Evans wrote:
I download the latest editor/SDK each day and rebuilding launch profiles for my projects each time.  I was wondering if there is a file somewhere that I can just copy over instead?
Re: [dart-misc] Re: Is there a way to copy the launch profiles in Dart Editor? Keerti Parthasarathy 8/10/12 7:52 AM
The launch profiles are stored in the workspace metadata, under workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.debug.core/.launches . If you do not delete the workspace at every new install, the launches preserve.

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart

--
Keerti

Re: [dart-misc] Re: Is there a way to copy the launch profiles in Dart Editor? John Evans 8/10/12 9:50 AM
Thanks Keerti!
Re: Is there a way to copy the launch profiles in Dart Editor? Stuart Rackham 8/11/12 2:57 AM
The editor seems to create the workspace directory in the current
working
directory (at least it does under Linux), so I use the following bash
alias to start the editor:

  alias de='(cd ~/projects/dart && DartEditor)'

This ensures the configuration data is always in the same place in my
projects directory and it doesn't get overwritten when updating.