BREAKING CHANGE: dart:dom library will be deprecated on Wed, May 2

Showing 1-11 of 11 messages
BREAKING CHANGE: dart:dom library will be deprecated on Wed, May 2 Pavel Podivilov 4/28/12 8:18 AM
We are deprecating dart:dom in favor of dart:html on Wed, May 2. Please make sure your code doesn't depend on dart:dom.
Let us know if you need some more time to switch over to dart:html.

BR,
Pavel Podivilov
Re: [misc] BREAKING CHANGE: dart:dom library will be deprecated on Wed, May 2 Marcel Batista 4/28/12 8:21 AM
Wow!

2012/4/28 Pavel Podivilov <podi...@google.com>

Re: [misc] BREAKING CHANGE: dart:dom library will be deprecated on Wed, May 2 Marcel Batista 4/28/12 8:41 AM
I'll need this fixed before that =|

2012/4/28 Marcel Batista <batista...@gmail.com>

Re: BREAKING CHANGE: dart:dom library will be deprecated on Wed, May 2 Chris Buckett 4/28/12 8:42 AM
> We are deprecating

Just out of curiosity, is it on the radar to allow a way of allowing
graceful deprecation (like the @Deprecated annotation in Java), or
will the main way to deprecate an api to be just to remove bits of it
(in our own code, as well as the core libs?)

Cheers,
Chris.
Re: [misc] BREAKING CHANGE: dart:dom library will be deprecated on Wed, May 2 Vijay 4/28/12 11:19 AM
This should be fixed now.  Please let us know if there are any issues.

- Vijay
Re: [misc] Re: BREAKING CHANGE: dart:dom library will be deprecated on Wed, May 2 John Messerly 4/28/12 11:29 AM
+1, something like that would be really nice to have in the tools.

We are still in tech preview state, so for now I think folks prefer to just change APIs. But as we get further along a more graceful deprecation strategy will be necessary.

Cheers,
- John

Re: [misc] Re: BREAKING CHANGE: dart:dom library will be deprecated on Wed, May 2 Marcel Batista 4/28/12 12:31 PM
It's fixed! Thanks ;D

2012/4/28 John Messerly <jmes...@google.com>

Re: [misc] Re: BREAKING CHANGE: dart:dom library will be deprecated on Wed, May 2 krzheiyah 4/28/12 7:22 PM
How I wish 'dart:html' would have expanded documentation for reference after 'dart:dom' depreciation :(
Re: [misc] Re: BREAKING CHANGE: dart:dom library will be deprecated on Wed, May 2 Bob 5/2/12 10:56 AM
On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Ephramar Telog <qbp....@gmail.com> wrote:
How I wish 'dart:html' would have expanded documentation for reference after 'dart:dom' depreciation :(

We feel your pain. As someone personally who cares a lot about documentation, I really wish we had a nice set of comprehensive docs for dart:html.

At the same time, that's a pretty huge undertaking. The entire worldwide web community itself is only just now starting to get decent docs in shape for the JS DOM and they've had years. We are a relatively large team, but we can only do so much and right now there seem to be more critical issues.

- bob
Re: [misc] BREAKING CHANGE: dart:dom library will be deprecated on Wed, May 2 Vijay 5/2/12 2:07 PM
Just an update on this.  We've identified a few issues we want to fix before deprecating dart:dom.  You can follow (see blocking bugs) at:

http://code.google.com/p/dart/issues/detail?id=2777

We will not deprecate today, but we are on track to do this next week.  As Pavel said, if you're using dart:dom, please switch to dart:html.  If you run into problems with dart:html, please let us know.

thanks!

Vijay
Re: [misc] BREAKING CHANGE: dart:dom library will be deprecated on Wed, May 2 Vijay 5/14/12 10:11 AM
FYI: dart:dom has been deprecated and is no longer supported.  The bug below is closed.

Cheers,

Vijay