Sending Email

Showing 1-6 of 6 messages
Sending Email Pete 10/31/12 6:57 AM
Another question ...  How would I send an email from a Dart app?  Is this currently possible?
Re: [dart-misc] Sending Email Ladislav Thon 10/31/12 7:37 AM

Another question ...  How would I send an email from a Dart app?  Is this currently possible?

I don't think that there is currently an e-mail library for Dart, so the answer to your question is probably no.

On the other hand, it is definitely doable -- you've got sockets, you can do everything :-)

LT
Re: [dart-misc] Sending Email Pete 10/31/12 7:43 AM
Very true.  Just need to read up on SMTP :)
Re: [dart-misc] Sending Email Matthew Butler 10/31/12 8:29 AM
Alternatively if you know the platform you'll be running from as well, you can also choose to spawn a process as well. Limited ability to distribute at that point but if its for your own system, that's always a quick and dirty option too.
Re: [dart-misc] Sending Email Seth Ladd 10/31/12 9:38 AM
Thanks Matt. Another option for "quick and dirty" is to use one of the many outbound email services. They often have more simple REST apis. I know that Heroku partners with a bunch, and you can run Dart apps on Heroku. Outsourcing sending of email can help you sleep at night, not having to worry about spam filters, DoS attacks, etc. :)

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart

Re: Sending Email Kai Sellgren 7/23/13 4:48 PM
Looks like this was asked again. This time on StackOverflow.

In case anyone here is interested in a solution, here's one: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17822578/sending-an-smtp-email-in-dart