Embedding the Dart VM and running a snapshot

rym...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2017, 7:38:56 PM7/6/17
to misc
So, I've been trying to figure out how exactly to embed the Dart VM...and it's kinda complicated, but I think I know how to do things.

Well, sorta.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to run a snapshot script using the embedded VM, and I genuinely can't figure it out right now. Where should I begin looking?

--
Ryan (ライアン)
Yoko Shimomura > ryo (supercell/EGOIST) > Hiroyuki Sawano >> everyone else

Michael Francis

Jul 6, 2017, 9:05:08 PM7/6/17
to misc
Ha, been there before.

I would highly recommend you checking out https://github.com/flutter/engine.
This is the part under the hood of Flutter for Android/iOS. You want to look at the part in the "runtime " directory.
In that project they use a lib called Tonic. Found: https://fuchsia.googlesource.com/tonic/ This can help you convert c++ objects to Dart

Also start by reading: https://www.dartlang.org/articles/dart-vm/native-extensions

---

Florian Loitsch