Was it expected that Dart SDK went from 68MB in 1.20.1 to 138MB in 1.22?

Danny Tuppeny

Feb 17, 2017, 5:11:47 AM2/17/17
to Dart Misc
I noticed the latest SDK took much longer to unzip than usual.. when I checked the size it has doubled!

Has something gone wrong, or is this expected? It's not a problem but I thought it worth mentioning since it's quite a big jump! Seems to mostly be snapshot files (eg. dart2js.dart.snapshot is now 29MB and was previously just 2.4MB!). Left two thirds of this grab are 1.22; the right third is 1.21.

dart size.png

Vyacheslav Egorov

Feb 17, 2017, 5:27:15 AM2/17/17
to Dart Misc
Tools are now using app-jit snapshots for faster warm up, so they contain generated native code - that the reason for the bump.

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 11:11 AM Danny Tuppeny <da...@tuppeny.com> wrote:
I noticed the latest SDK took much longer to unzip than usual.. when I checked the size it has doubled!

Has something gone wrong, or is this expected? It's not a problem but I thought it worth mentioning since it's quite a big jump! Seems to mostly be snapshot files (eg. dart2js.dart.snapshot is now 29MB and was previously just 2.4MB!). Left two thirds of this grab are 1.22; the right third is 1.21.

---
// Vyacheslav Egorov