[dart-announce] Dart community chat: moving to Gitter

'Kevin Moore' via Dart Announcements

Nov 29, 2016, 6:39:40 PM11/29/16
to Dart Announcements

The Dart project connects with our community in a number of ways. We've recently updated our community page to reflect the best ways to stay informed and connected.

We've made one big change: we're migrating our official chat rooms to Gitter. We will update our channels on Slack with migration details shortly with the plan of closing down at the end of December.

Why Gitter? Joining is trivial – all you need is a Twitter or GitHub account. Chat history is publicly readable without joining. Gitter is also where our friends on the Flutter team are hanging out.

Everything else remains the same. The Dart news site and the announcement Google Group are still the best ways to get updates about changes and releases. We continue to recommend StackOverflow for how-to questions.

See you on the web!

--
For more news and information, visit https://plus.google.com/+dartlang

To join the conversation, visit https://groups.google.com/a/dartlang.org/

Randal L. Schwartz

Dec 6, 2016, 3:01:16 PM12/6/16
to mi...@dartlang.org

Kevin> We've made one big change: we're migrating our official chat
Kevin> rooms to Gitter <https://gitter.im/dart-lang/home>. We will
Kevin> update our channels on Slack with migration details shortly with
Kevin> the plan of closing down at the end of December.

This is unfortunate, as they are apparently using a broken certificate
for gitter.im. When I try to visit their site in either Safari or
Chrome, I get certificate warnings (at the top level). (For some
reason, it also seems to throw out all my existing cookies on Safari as
well, forcing me to re-login to EVERYTHING across the board.)

I can successfully visit the channels on the ios app, but have not yet
gotten the attention of their support staff to fix this problem, and
typing on a tiny keyboard does not make me happy.

I wouldn't mind using the IRC interface, but to use that, I first have
to get gitter.im to come up in a browser. {sigh}

<mer...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
Still trying to think of something clever for the fourth line of this .sig

Eric Seidel

Dec 6, 2016, 3:31:18 PM12/6/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
Certificate looks valid to me.  https://www.digicert.com/help/ and https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=gitter.im other online tools seem to agree that it's valid and has a valid chain.

Browsers use the root certificates installed on your machine, it's possible that your machine has a non-standard set of certificates installed?

---

Mark Nordine

Dec 6, 2016, 3:34:35 PM12/6/16
to Dart Misc
Looks good here too, must be something on your machine Randal.