[dart-announce] Dart 1.13 "RC1" ready for testing

Michael Thomsen

Nov 6, 2015, 7:55:08 AM11/6/15
to Dart Announcements

Our internal testing has found a few smaller yet important issues, so a second release candidate (‘RC1’) of the Dart 1.13 SDK is now ready for testing. Please download version 1.13.0-dev.7.10 from the dev channel, and report any issues you might find.

RC1 contains three changes from RC0:

  • Issue 24842: Dartium may crash in certain test scenarios

  • Issue 24829: Parts of the Timeline class in dart:developer have been marked private

  • Issue 24846: A small update to the changelog file to fix incorrect text

--
For more news and information, visit https://plus.google.com/+dartlang

To join the conversation, visit https://groups.google.com/a/dartlang.org/

Anders Holmgren

Nov 6, 2015, 10:29:33 PM11/6/15
to Dart Misc, anno...@dartlang.org
I updated today and with the latest intellij 15 CE with the latest dart plugin things are diabolically slow for me. The analysis server seems to grind away and it takes ages for intellij to respond with any autocompletes etc. I have to restart every 15 mins or so just to make it semi usable

I'm afraid I don't have any repro for you without giving you my entire codebase. I do have a large number of dart projects within the one intellij project which may be a factor

DoHyung Kim

Nov 6, 2015, 10:33:26 PM11/6/15
to Dart Misc, anno...@dartlang.org
  • dart:isolate

    • Isolate added packageRoot and packageMap getters.
    • Isolate.spawnUri added packageMap parameter.
The above snippet is in CHANGELOG.md. But the actual Isolate class doesn't have them at all.

BR, DH

2015년 11월 6일 금요일 오후 9시 55분 8초 UTC+9, Michael Thomsen 님의 말:

Günter Zöchbauer

Nov 7, 2015, 6:59:20 AM11/7/15
to Dart Misc, anno...@dartlang.org
Mike has severe issues as well in a project with many Dart packages https://github.com/dart-lang/sdk/issues/24812

I also need to restart WebStorm repeatedly when I work on my Polymer 1.0 examples https://github.com/bwu-dart-playground/polymer1 (several smallish Polymer packages in one project) I couldn't find a pattern yet when things stop working and I have to restart.

Anders Holmgren

Nov 7, 2015, 6:10:26 PM11/7/15
to Dart Misc, anno...@dartlang.org
I ended up downgrading to 1.13.0-dev.7.6 but it didn't fix it so it seems I had just coincidentally crossed some threshold where I had too many classes.

I have now opened a subset of the projects (by opening a subfolder). It still has most of the projects but seems to put me under the threshold again and I'm able to function again.

I'm guessing the analyzer does not operate incrementally

---

Don Olmstead

Nov 8, 2015, 12:25:27 PM11/8/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
I'm seeing the same thing as Anders but in WebStorm 11. I updated both WebStorm and the SDK so don't think I can narrow it down.

Michael Thomsen

Nov 9, 2015, 3:30:10 AM11/9/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
Thanks for reporting, tracking in https://github.com/dart-lang/sdk/issues/24856

Alexander Doroshko

Nov 9, 2015, 9:44:02 AM11/9/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
On 07.11.2015 14:59, Günter Zöchbauer wrote:
> I also need to restart WebStorm repeatedly when I work on my Polymer
> 1.0 examples https://github.com/bwu-dart-playground/polymer1 (several
> smallish Polymer packages in one project) I couldn't find a pattern
> yet when things stop working and I have to restart.

If the problems are caused by the Dart Analysis Server then most likely
you do not have to restart the IDE. 'Reanalyze Dart Sources' button in
the Dart Analysis tool window may help.

Brian Wilkerson

Nov 9, 2015, 11:33:01 AM11/9/15
to Dart Misc
If you do use 'Reanalyze Dart Sources', please let us know whether or not that worked. It will be valuable input for tracking down the source of the issue.

Brian

Brian Wilkerson

Nov 9, 2015, 11:35:13 AM11/9/15
to Dart Misc, anno...@dartlang.org
Günter,

Thanks! We'll try loading your Polymer examples to see whether we can reproduce the problem.

Brian

Jaime Wren

Nov 9, 2015, 1:45:13 PM11/9/15
to General Dart Discussion, anno...@dartlang.org
I have been unsuccessful so far in getting this issue to be reproduced, but I didn't load the content in IJ 14 and bring it into IJ 15...

Anders, you said that updated to a different version of IntelliJ, perhaps you are hitting an invalid caching issue, try:

File -> Invalidate Caches and Restart

and/or

Hope this helps, let us know either way,
- Jaime

Bernhard Pichler

Nov 9, 2015, 1:46:58 PM11/9/15
to Dart Misc
For me, pressing the "Reanalyze Dart Sources" helps a lot in WebStorm 11. It happens quite often that auto complete stops working or the analyzer shows errors/warning/hints that are fixed already - they don't go away. After pressing the "Reanalyze Dart Sources" the analyzer works perfect again. I don't have any dependencies to polymer, just to html and my own library (StageXL which is relatively big too).

Don Olmstead

Nov 9, 2015, 1:58:29 PM11/9/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
I just downloaded WebStorm 11 at work. I haven't updated to the RCs at dev-7.6 and I'm not seeing any issues with the analysis like I was at home with 11 and 7.10.

Anything I can do to troubleshoot? Didn't want to update till I could be of help.

Konstantin Shcheglov

Nov 9, 2015, 3:02:31 PM11/9/15
to Dart Misc, anno...@dartlang.org

  I cloned  https://github.com/bwu-dart-playground/polymer1 and edited several Dart files.
  Unfortunately I don't see any slowness after several minutes.

Anders Holmgren

Nov 9, 2015, 3:58:56 PM11/9/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
I have gone back to the full project and invalidated the caches. I'll let you know how it goes

Michael Thomsen

Nov 10, 2015, 5:47:32 PM11/10/15
to mi...@dartlang.org

Hi, how did it go?

Anders Holmgren

Nov 10, 2015, 9:50:32 PM11/10/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
A little early to tell as I haven't had a lot of time to try it out but it does seem to have improved things. It doesn't seem to grind as much. I seem to have to click the button to restart the analytics server reasonably often and when I do it takes quite a while to complete

Brian Wilkerson

Nov 12, 2015, 2:10:21 PM11/12/15
to Dart Misc
Don,

Anything I can do to troubleshoot?

We still haven't been able to reproduce the performance problems being reported on this thread. We loaded Günter's polymer examples but the performance seemed fine. Perhaps we need to do something more than some simple editing to reproduce the problem.

Are you using a project that you can send us, such as an open source githib repo? Perhaps another example would let us reproduce what you're seeing.

Also, if there are specific actions that are causing the performance issues, please let us know (even if we don't have the same code you're using).

Brian

Don Olmstead

Nov 14, 2015, 11:01:25 AM11/14/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
The invalidation is working for me currently. Looks like it was a webstorm thing not a analyzer thing.

---

Jaime Wren

Nov 16, 2015, 5:32:18 PM11/16/15
to General Dart Discussion