pub.dartlang.org documentation link gives 404

Danny Tuppeny

May 2, 2015, 10:18:43 AM5/2/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
When I click the documentation link in the right bar here:

I get a 404. Is this an issue with the package that needs fixing by the package author, or a dartlang site bug?

Danny Tuppeny

May 2, 2015, 10:21:20 AM5/2/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
I should have clicked the link in the 404 page ;-)

Found this:

Looks like it's failing to build because "dart:sky" is not found. I presume the package is built for a new version of the SDK that includes dart:sky, but the server building the docs doesn't have it?

Don Olmstead

May 2, 2015, 1:58:41 PM5/2/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
I'm not sure if the dartdoc stuff handles native extensions properly. That's probably why

Bob Nystrom

May 4, 2015, 1:33:30 PM5/4/15
to General Dart Discussion

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 7:21 AM, Danny Tuppeny <da...@tuppeny.com> wrote:
I presume the package is built for a new version of the SDK that includes dart:sky, but the server building the docs doesn't have it?

Sky is using a custom embedder and they're defining their own "dart:" library. Dartdoc doesn't know how to handle that, so doc generation is failing. :(

- bob

Danny Tuppeny

May 4, 2015, 2:07:44 PM5/4/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
On 4 May 2015 at 18:32, 'Bob Nystrom' via Dart Misc <mi...@dartlang.org> wrote:
I presume the package is built for a new version of the SDK that includes dart:sky, but the server building the docs doesn't have it?

Sky is using a custom embedder and they're defining their own "dart:" library. Dartdoc doesn't know how to handle that, so doc generation is failing. :(

Is it something that can/will one day be fixed? Will be a little sucky if we can't go there for docs links for some Google-provided Dart libraries :O(

Bob Nystrom

May 4, 2015, 4:09:34 PM5/4/15
to General Dart Discussion
On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Danny Tuppeny <da...@tuppeny.com> wrote:
Is it something that can/will one day be fixed?

I don't know. I believe this has to do with some VM-specific details that are outside of my expertise.

- bob

Danny Tuppeny

May 4, 2015, 5:37:26 PM5/4/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
On 4 May 2015 at 21:08, 'Bob Nystrom' via Dart Misc <mi...@dartlang.org> wrote:
Is it something that can/will one day be fixed?

I don't know. I believe this has to do with some VM-specific details that are outside of my expertise.

Where's the best place to raise it to ensure someone thinks about it? Would suck for it to go unfixed forever just because it wasn't noticed. We can't RTFM if the links are broken! ;(

Bob Nystrom

May 4, 2015, 6:41:52 PM5/4/15
to General Dart Discussion

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 2:37 PM, Danny Tuppeny <da...@tuppeny.com> wrote:
Where's the best place to raise it to ensure someone thinks about it? Would suck for it to go unfixed forever just because it wasn't noticed. We can't RTFM if the links are broken! ;(

I'd ping the folks over at vm-...@dartlang.org. :)

- bob

Danny Tuppeny

May 5, 2015, 1:25:32 PM5/5/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
I tried...

We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (vm-dev) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group

;O(

Bob Nystrom

May 5, 2015, 1:43:43 PM5/5/15
to General Dart Discussion
You might have to join first: https://groups.google.com/a/dartlang.org/forum/#!forum/vm-dev

Cheers!

- bob

Danny Tuppeny

May 5, 2015, 1:53:32 PM5/5/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
I think you guys need a simpler way to report issues ;P

Bob Nystrom

May 5, 2015, 3:53:06 PM5/5/15
to General Dart Discussion

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Danny Tuppeny <da...@tuppeny.com> wrote:
I think you guys need a simpler way to report issues ;P

You can always just file a bug at dartbug.com too. :)

- bob

Danny Tuppeny

May 6, 2015, 12:56:25 PM5/6/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
You can always just file a bug at dartbug.com too. :)

Done!

I was tempted to raise another for dartbug.com not supporting HTTPS.... ;(

Bob Nystrom

May 6, 2015, 1:38:28 PM5/6/15
to General Dart Discussion

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 9:56 AM, Danny Tuppeny <da...@tuppeny.com> wrote:
I was tempted to raise another for dartbug.com not supporting HTTPS.... ;(

Pretty unlikely to be fixed at this point. Hopefully very soon, we will be moving everything over to GitHub.

- bob