Easiest way to interact with mysql/other DBs in Dart

1.275 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

krupal shah

ongelezen,
28 mrt 2016, 12:30:3028-03-2016
aan Dart Misc
Hi,

I'm finding an easy way to interact with MySQL DB. I found SqlJockey here which is great but still incomplete. I was also finding an ORM for Dart and didn't really like this DartORM. AFAIK, there is no standard libraries/tools/ORM for any databases in Dart. Are there any other libraries or tools you would recommend?

Thanks.

Günter Zöchbauer

ongelezen,
29 mrt 2016, 03:19:4329-03-2016
aan Dart Misc
I think SqlJocky is one of the better database packages we currently have for Dart.
I assume that on ORM package that supports MySql also builds on top of SqlJocky. They might provide a simpler API though. Haven't tried one myself yet though.

Frank Rollpin

ongelezen,
29 mrt 2016, 16:26:1029-03-2016
aan Dart Misc
As a side note, I am convinced that a standard set of methods and interfaces (designed and blessed by the Google Dart team) for working with databases (such as ADO.NET, or JDBC) would make a huge impact on the Dart ecosystem, make it much more friendly for enterprise developers, provide an additional incentive for DB vendors to develop Dart libraries, and make yet another positive differentiation from JavaScript.

Günter Zöchbauer

ongelezen,
30 mrt 2016, 03:13:4430-03-2016
aan Dart Misc
I guess there are hundreds of features where this would apply. This probably requires better support for binaries first to be able to use database access libraries.

krupal shah

ongelezen,
30 mrt 2016, 12:34:5530-03-2016
aan mi...@dartlang.org

+1 for your comment. I am interested in Dart for server side development; not for client side. So, integration with databases is very important to me. Despite of the ugly syntax; PHP has very good support for  MySQL; which satisfies requirements for web services for my little apps. I am moving to Dart now but I found that despite of great in built libraries for io and async; better support for integration with databases is something I am missing.

---

Jan Mostert

ongelezen,
30 mrt 2016, 14:10:2130-03-2016
aan mi...@dartlang.org

I think we had a discussion like this before, also +1.

Nathan Kerr

ongelezen,
4 apr 2016, 17:46:5604-04-2016
aan Dart Misc
I started to work on a common database abstraction layer modeled on PHP's PDO, called DDO (Dart Data Objects).

You can see my progress here: https://github.com/TheBosZ/ddo-dart

I haven't had a lot of time to work on it lately.

I've also worked on porting my company's ORM, DABL to Dart using this library: https://github.com/TheBosZ/dabl-dart

Any comments are welcome!

krupal shah

ongelezen,
5 apr 2016, 12:17:4305-04-2016
aan mi...@dartlang.org

Thanks...I will definitely look at it.

Marcello Dias

ongelezen,
16 mei 2016, 20:31:3316-05-2016
aan Dart Misc

I´ve opened a thread with the same content in January.

https://groups.google.com/a/dartlang.org/forum/#!topic/misc/yE2DkoaMfjk

There is nothing close to ADO.NET or JDBC.
There are a video in youtube showing how to send JSON packages from the server to the client
then you have to databind to one polymer component in the client.

I think the book DART Essentials(packet publshing) has a chapter dedicated to databases and polymer also.

Marcello

Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden
Doorsturen