Standards update

Gilad Bracha

Jul 1, 2014, 2:01:59 PM7/1/14
to General Dart Discussion
A few things:

I'm not sure everyone is aware, but ECMA formally approved the Dart language specification just a few days ago. See:

We just had the third meeting of ECMA TC52, the Dart standards committee.
We discussed enums, deferred loading, async, and minor bug fixes to the existing spec.

We decided not to vote on deferred loading, even though that is pretty much done, and rather deal with all proposed changes to the freshly minted spec later in the year. Our next meeting is in Switzerland on September 16th. The goal is to formally incorporate enums and deferred loading, and at least a subset of the async proposal, in the next rev of the spec, which we hope to get done by the end of 2014.

Bear in mind that deferred loading is shipping; the existing spec allows experimentation on that.

Wrt to enums, I will publish a revised draft proposal soon. Differences vs. the last draft are very minor.

As for async - we are working on an article to explain our plans. Since that is taking a bit longer, I want to explain where we are in a separate mail later today.

--
Cheers, Gilad

Cogman

Jul 1, 2014, 5:31:34 PM7/1/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
Is the first Enums draft publicly available and will the next one be as well?

Gilad Bracha

Jul 1, 2014, 5:41:43 PM7/1/14
to General Dart Discussion
The enum proposal has, in various forms, been publicly available since last year. As my message said, I'll put out the latest update (very minor changes)  very soon.
--
Cheers, Gilad

Ladislav Thon

Jul 7, 2014, 9:06:38 AM7/7/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
I'm not sure everyone is aware, but ECMA formally approved the Dart language specification just a few days ago. See:

This is probably as good a place as any, so: does the standard contain (I presume not) or plan to contain a conformance test suite? I'm aware of co19, but that doesn't seem to be an answer, at least not in its current form.

LT

Gilad Bracha

Jul 7, 2014, 12:12:05 PM7/7/14
to General Dart Discussion
The standard does not include a conformance suite. We haven't considered that for the future, though we might eventually.

Cheers, Gilad