Progressive Web App library - looking for feedback

Istvan Soos

Mar 3, 2017, 4:18:43 AM3/3/17
to General Dart Discussion
Hi Dartisans,

Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) are a hybrid of regular web pages and a
mobile application. I'm working on the low-level API (service_worker
package) and high-level abstractions (pwa package), and now it has
become useful enough that I'm looking for further feedback. I'm
looking for requirements, suggestions, anything that you would like to
see with these.

Some features that the pwa package would like to support:
- offline-enabled web apps (*)
- push notifications (also events in the client apps if they are running)
- typed request-reply messaging between worker and window

The later item could be used between the Window and the WebWorker
scope too, and I'm planning to implement it as another library.

Links:
https://pub.dartlang.org/packages/pwa
https://github.com/isoos/pwa

(*) Already there, e.g. in the example directory there is an
offline-enabled Angular application with deferred library loading and
"best-effort" image caching. I'm probably missing some edge cases
though.

Thanks,
Istvan