Dart Language and Library Newsletter (2017-11-24)

260 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Florian Loitsch

ungelesen,
24.11.2017, 11:29:0924.11.17
an General Dart Discussion

Dart Language and Library Newsletter

Welcome to the Dart Language and Library Newsletter.

It is with some regret that I'm announcing the end of the Dart Language and Library Newsletter (at least written by me). Since Monday I am not on the language team anymore, and it would be unfair and manipulative to continue discussing language features. As a member of the Dart team, public comments and discussions do set the tone and raise expectations. While the newsletter usually avoided promises, I generally talked about features that I, as the tech lead, had influence over. I want to give the new team the same opportunity and give them the room to set their own direction.

Writing the newsletters took me some time, but the positive feedback kept me going. Thank you all for the kind words I received.

Marcello Dias

ungelesen,
24.11.2017, 11:55:3924.11.17
an mi...@dartlang.org
Are you leaving google,or are you leaving the Dart team?
Really sorry,I liked your videos also.

Marcello

---

Florian Loitsch

ungelesen,
24.11.2017, 12:28:4524.11.17
an mi...@dartlang.org
I will still be on the Dart team; just not on the language/library team.
Thanks. I plan to do more presentations in the future.

Marcello Dias

ungelesen,
24.11.2017, 12:50:1424.11.17
an mi...@dartlang.org
Glad to hear that.

Marcello

Danny Tuppeny

ungelesen,
24.11.2017, 13:24:5024.11.17
an mi...@dartlang.org
Good luck on the new team and thanks for all the newsletters! I do hope they'll continue after your move - I appreciate they must take much time but they've been a great insight into what's going on (and often spawned interesting discussions) :-)

--

Anatoly Pulyaevskiy

ungelesen,
24.11.2017, 14:50:3024.11.17
an mi...@dartlang.org
Thanks Florian! I really enjoyed reading this newsletters! Good luck on your new position!

Sent from my iPhone

tatumizer-v0.2

ungelesen,
24.11.2017, 15:53:3624.11.17
an Dart Misc
Florian, I was looking forward to your next posts, and suddenly such a disappointment :(
Now I feel guilty for my critical comments (which were sometimes unfair) :(
Please come back!

Florian Loitsch

ungelesen,
24.11.2017, 18:04:5024.11.17
an mi...@dartlang.org
On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 9:53 PM tatumizer-v0.2 <tatu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Florian, I was looking forward to your next posts, and suddenly such a disappointment :(
Now I feel guilty for my critical comments (which were sometimes unfair) :(
Don't worry :)
I can take some critical comments. In fact, I found many discussions productive. (Doesn't mean we would always agree, but that's generally rare for language/library discussions  :)

Please come back!
For now, Lasse and Leaf will take over. The language/library will thus be in good hands. We will see if I eventually find my way back into language/library design.

I don't think I will stay completely silent. Hopefully I will manage to write a blog post from time to time. It will definitely not be as often as the newsletter, though.

Thanks for your support.

Andrew Skalkin

ungelesen,
27.11.2017, 23:56:5927.11.17
an Dart Misc
Florian, I'm sorry to see you go, I was enjoying reading your newsletters. Hopefully you'll stay in touch with the community, and looking forward to your new presentations :)

Milan Zimmermann

ungelesen,
02.12.2017, 02:14:0402.12.17
an Dart Misc
As many said already, this will be missed. I hope for you to like your new role and for us having read the language newsletter someone will continue with equivalent clarity and love. Best, Milan

robin john

ungelesen,
04.12.2017, 14:31:3204.12.17
an Dart Misc
Thank you Florian.
All your newsletter contribution are never unnoticed,
there are many many non-vocal subscribers like me who find your regular writings useful.
I only hope the dart dev community continues to grow..
and for that, this group and the master branch SDK on github is instrumental.

Cheers, Robin

aggi...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
09.12.2017, 11:52:5709.12.17
an mi...@dartlang.org
Florian,

I and my team have enjoyed the newsletter. we just converted our angularJS (v1.5.6) project to AngularDart and these have been illuminating and thought provoking.

We will miss this. Thank you so much for your efforts and good luck on your next project/efforts.

--

Tobe Osakwe

ungelesen,
09.12.2017, 12:21:3209.12.17
an mi...@dartlang.org
Thanks so much for all your contributions. It will not be forgotten!
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten