[dart-announce] Intent to remove: dart:profiler, use dart:developer instead

'Seth Ladd' via Dart Announcements

Oct 7, 2015, 12:56:27 PM10/7/15
to General Dart Discussion
We intend to remove the dart:profiler library in 1.13. This library has been deprecated for more than one release, and we are providing dart:developer as an alternative.

We recommend that any developer using dart:profiler should immediately transition to dart:developer. The deprecation period for dart:profiler is now over.

If you believe this negatively impacts your work, please file an issue here: http://dartbug.com

On behalf of the Dart team, thank you for your support.

--
For more news and information, visit https://plus.google.com/+dartlang

To join the conversation, visit https://groups.google.com/a/dartlang.org/

Kasper Peulen

Oct 7, 2015, 5:13:54 PM10/7/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
Is there some article/blog post with more information how to use the dart:developer library?

Kasper

Seth Ladd

Oct 9, 2015, 12:48:06 PM10/9/15
to General Dart Discussion
On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Kasper Peulen <kasper...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there some article/blog post with more information how to use the dart:developer library?

And here's the docs for the dev channel's version (a few more things were added): https://api.dartlang.org/dev/dart-developer/dart-developer-library.html

Apologies, I'm not aware of addition docs for the new features. If the API docs aren't clear, please do file an issue or submit a patch. Thanks!