[dart-announce] First 1.11 version shipped on dev channel, no more editor updates

'Rico Wind' via Dart Announcements

May 12, 2015, 5:39:03 AM5/12/15
to anno...@dartlang.org
We have shipped the first dev channel release of 1.11. As already announced, we are sunsetting the editor and the newly released version 1.11 does not contain the editor . Existing dev channel editor users will be updated to the stable channel 1.10.1 release, which will disable auto update.

Cheers,
Rico

--
For more news and information, visit https://plus.google.com/+dartlang

To join the conversation, visit https://groups.google.com/a/dartlang.org/

Don Olmstead

May 12, 2015, 1:26:08 PM5/12/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
I saw the notification from WebStorm on the dev channel update but it requires a manual update. Is that something that's being worked on?

Seth Ladd

May 12, 2015, 1:56:18 PM5/12/15
to General Dart Discussion
On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Don Olmstead <don.j.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
I saw the notification from WebStorm on the dev channel update but it requires a manual update. Is that something that's being worked on?

WebStorm, Sublime, IntelliJ, etc will all require you to download and upgrade your Dart SDK "out of band" of the editor.

If you are on Mac, we recommend Homebrew: https://github.com/dart-lang/homebrew-dart

If you are on Linux, we recommend our apt-get install (if you have a system that works with .deb files): https://www.dartlang.org/downloads/linux.html

Don Olmstead

May 12, 2015, 2:00:47 PM5/12/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
Chocolatey doesn't include dev packages and looks like the latest packages are waiting for moderation https://chocolatey.org/packages/dart-sdk

Thomas Løcke

May 13, 2015, 2:27:03 AM5/13/15
to mi...@dartlang.org, anno...@dartlang.org
I'm a huge fan of Dart, but I still think you guys are putting the Dart Editor to pasture WAY too soon.

:o(

Joel Trottier-Hébert

May 13, 2015, 9:47:53 AM5/13/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
@Seth Would it be wise to add Dartium to the Linux PPA ? I feel it's the only reason why I'm not using it.

Joel Trottier-Hebert

Randal L. Schwartz

May 17, 2015, 1:50:12 PM5/17/15
to mi...@dartlang.org

Seth> If you are on Mac, we recommend Homebrew:
Seth> https://github.com/dart-lang/homebrew-dart

So you are no longer building .dmg files for mac installation? I would
prefer not building from source.

<mer...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
Still trying to think of something clever for the fourth line of this .sig

Rico Wind

May 18, 2015, 7:11:58 AM5/18/15
to General Dart Discussion
On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 7:49 PM, Randal L. Schwartz <mer...@stonehenge.com> wrote:

Seth> If you are on Mac, we recommend Homebrew:
Seth> https://github.com/dart-lang/homebrew-dart

So you are no longer building .dmg files for mac installation?  I would
prefer not building from source.
There will be no dmg files, since we will not be shipping any new versions of the editor.
There is still zip files containing the sdk and zip files containing dartium. These are linked to from dart-lang.org

Cheers,
Rico

<mer...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
Still trying to think of something clever for the fourth line of this .sig

Randal L. Schwartz

May 18, 2015, 7:24:06 PM5/18/15
to mi...@dartlang.org

Rico> There will be no dmg files, since we will not be shipping any new
Rico> versions of the editor. There is still zip files containing the
Rico> sdk and zip files containing dartium. These are linked to from
Rico> dart-lang.org

And the WebStorm IDE will know how to notice and update them? That was
something that was hinted at, although I don't know how to invoke that.

Don Olmstead

May 18, 2015, 8:10:28 PM5/18/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
It doesn't know how to update them. Its more than happy to point you at the downloads link and let you figure it out.