Dart plugin for Eclipse

SirPaulMuaddib

May 11, 2015, 4:27:39 PM5/11/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
I downloaded Eclipse and then downloaded the Dart plugin for it. When I run Eclipse it closes immediately when it tries to load the Dart plugin.

I think the Dart editor is fine, but wanted to try using Eclipse as it is a full blown IDE with many plugins.

Günter Zöchbauer

May 11, 2015, 4:34:23 PM5/11/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
I think this is when Dart SDK can't be found. AFAIK there is an open issue at http://dartbug.com

Jos Hirth

May 11, 2015, 4:41:52 PM5/11/15
to mi...@dartlang.org

Daniel Rubel

May 11, 2015, 4:43:19 PM5/11/15
to General Dart Discussion
You need to download Dart SDK and install it in <eclipse-dir>/dart-sdk then Eclipse should launch properly.

Needless to say, the Dart Plugin should *not* exit Eclipse if the Dart SDK is not found.
This has been fixed (https://codereview.chromium.org/1131953005/) but has not yet made it into 1.10.x stable Eclipse plugins.