What's the status of dart2dart?

W. Brian Gourlie

Feb 6, 2013, 2:57:30 PM2/6/13
to mi...@dartlang.org
Is it functional?  When will we get easy access to it in dart editor?

w.brian

Ladislav Thon

Feb 6, 2013, 3:21:40 PM2/6/13
to mi...@dartlang.org

Is it functional?

Judge yourself: dart2js --output-type=dart

LT

Yohan Beschi

Feb 6, 2013, 3:35:23 PM2/6/13
to mi...@dartlang.org
and if you use dart:io

dart2js --output-type=dart --categories=Server

Jos Hirth

Feb 6, 2013, 5:50:41 PM2/6/13
to mi...@dartlang.org
I noticed this unused code at the end of the file (pretty-printed for convenience):

class AC {

static const BC = "Chrome";

static const CC = "Firefox";

final qB;

final tB;

const AC(this.qB, [this.tB]);
}
class DC {

final name;

const DC(this.name);
}

I also noticed that it didn't munge these 3 identifiers:

  • mouseDown
  • REPEAT
  • canvas
Other than that it appeared to work fine.

Seth Ladd

Feb 6, 2013, 6:23:54 PM2/6/13
to General Dart Discussion
Hi Jos,

If you're able, please open a bug at http://dartbug.com/new with the original code, the exact command line you used, the version of your dart2js (dart2js --version), and the output. We can take a look.

Thanks,
Seth

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart

Anton Muhin

Feb 7, 2013, 8:08:27 AM2/7/13
to General Dart Discussion
Jos, all,

dart2dart is conservatie: if it cannot prove the method is unused, it
will keep it. So you may expect some unused methods still in the
code.

And we do not mangle identifiers from what is named platform
libs---those which URLs start with dart:---as that can affect
semantics.

yours,
anton.