"The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive" running "pub run test"

Danny Tuppeny

Jul 24, 2016, 7:38:09 AM7/24/16
to Dart Misc
I've raised this as a bug as the error requests, but thought I'd post here in case anyone has any ideas. I'll try and debug a little more later when I have some time.

I don't know if pub run test is the righty way to run tests (I thought there was a pub test?!) however I got this strange error when running it...

I'm on Windows 10, running in a PowerShell window.

I cloned https://github.com/dart-lang/convert, ran pub get then pub run test and got the following:

PS M:\Coding\Applications\convert> pub run test
Directory listing failed, path = 'test\packages\analyzer\dart\*' (OS Error: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive.
, errno = 17)
dart:io                                    _Directory.listSync
package:test/src/runner/loader.dart 91:49  Loader.loadDir
package:test/src/runner.dart 240:60        Runner._loadSuites.<fn>
dart:_internal                             ListIterable.forEach
package:async/src/stream_group.dart 58:13  StreamGroup.merge
package:test/src/runner.dart 239:24        Runner._loadSuites
package:test/src/runner.dart 116:18        Runner.run.<async>

This is an unexpected error. Please file an issue at http://github.com/dart-lang/test
with the stack trace and instructions for reproducing the error.
PS M:\Coding\Applications\convert>

I've gotta go out, but I'll try and do some more debugging later.

Danny Tuppeny

Jul 24, 2016, 9:22:06 AM7/24/16
to Dart Misc
This turned out to be because the Pub cache was on a different drive to the dart code. I've moved the cache and everything works fine.

The sooner the symlinks go away, the better IMO! =)