Dart JS Stub repo

MicroTransactionsMatterToo

Nov 15, 2016, 6:33:26 PM11/15/16
to Dart Misc
Hey, I've noticed that it's possible to generate JS stubs for Dart, and was wondering if there was a repo like DefinitelyTyped [https://github.com/DefinitelyTyped/DefinitelyTyped] for Dart stubs. If not, would it be alright to make one. I feel that having JS stubs might encourage more developers over if they can use their normal JS libs from inside Dart easily

Many Thanks,
Ennis Massey

Matan Lurey

Nov 15, 2016, 6:37:16 PM11/15/16
to Dart Misc
Not a terrible idea, though I think mostly we've relied on individual pub packages.

Do you mean a repository that would have lots of common JS stubs? That is an interesting idea.

---

Ennis Massey

Nov 15, 2016, 6:39:57 PM11/15/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
Yeah. I’ve just talked it over in Slack, and it looks like it should be doable for HTML included JS. Apparently the require in ES6 is not very clearly defined yet, so they aren’t sure how to compile it to JS
I’m going to be using individual Pub packages, but they’ll all be named like this : ${js_lib}_stub

Many Thanks,
Ennis Massey

Jacob Richman

Nov 16, 2016, 8:16:45 PM11/16/16
to General Dart Discussion
I think publishing more Dart stubs for JS libraries is a good idea.
Perhaps use
${js_lib}_js
or
${Js_lib}_facade
so it is clear from the library name that the library contains js facades.

-Jacob

Joe Blue

Nov 17, 2016, 5:41:42 AM11/17/16
to General Dart Discussion
I was just thinking about this yesterday too - great idea.

Also i think these 2 repos below have a relationship to this discussion:

Both allow you to reuse a GUI architectural pattern.