[dart-announce] BREAKING CHANGE: removing Interactive Configuration from Unittest Package

Kevin Moore

Jan 31, 2014, 2:41:06 PM1/31/14
to anno...@dartlang.org
What changed?
  • The useInteractiveHtmlConfiguration method and the related public types ParentInteractiveHtmlConfiguration and ChildInteractiveHtmlConfiguration are being removed from the unittest package.
  • TestCase properties testFunction, setUp and tearDown are now private
Who is affected?
  • Users of the interactive html configuration - likely few
  • Folks who read/write the listed properties on TestCase - likely even fewer
How do I update my code?
  • For users of useInteractiveHtmlConfiguration you can move to useHtmlEnhancedConfiguration
  • For folks accessing properties on TestCase: there is no work-around.
  • If you want to avoid upgrading to the new version of unittest, add a version constraint in your pubspec for '<0.10.0'
Why did this change happen?
  • The interactive configuration has never been fully supported. It's not tested. It's using features of the core unittest infrastructure that should not be exposed and limit evolution of the code.
  • We are looking to greatly improve the flexibility of unittest, but to do that we need cleanup the public API to allow for a fundamentally different architecture.
When will the change take effect?

--
For more news and information, visit http://news.dartlang.org/

To join the conversation, visit https://groups.google.com/a/dartlang.org/