Is dart:js as good as it is going to get?

Arron Washington

Jul 14, 2015, 3:42:04 PM7/14/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
Anything else cooking out there I'm not aware of?

John Messerly

Jul 14, 2015, 4:33:57 PM7/14/15
to General Dart Discussion, Jacob Richman
> Is dart:js as good as it is going to get?

Definitely not.

Anything else cooking out there I'm not aware of?

There's a lot going on, yes. Lots of folks are out on vacation right now, but Jacob Richman can add some details when he gets back.

But essentially, dart:js is a proxy object approach to interop, using strings for looking up methods/properties. The new approach won't involve proxies, which will make it a lot easier to pass things back and forth between Dart and JS, and you'll be able to make calls directly in most cases, as long as you provide an interface so Dart knows what the type/method signature looks like.

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Arron Washington <l33...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anything else cooking out there I'm not aware of?

Arron Washington

Jul 15, 2015, 9:27:53 PM7/15/15
to mi...@dartlang.org, jac...@google.com
That's excellent news!

Is there a repository we can watch for updates?

Kao peter

Jul 16, 2015, 12:22:49 PM7/16/15
to Hans - Jürgen Alps
Wow...good news...existing proxy is really slow to pass large data around

John Messerly

Jul 16, 2015, 5:01:43 PM7/16/15
On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Arron Washington <l33...@gmail.com> wrote:
That's excellent news!

Is there a repository we can watch for updates?

So far the changes have been going into Dartium. e.g. I saw these two reviews:

After Dartium there's the dart2js side, so those will be in https://github.com/dart-lang/sdk

Definitely there will be an announcement when it's ready to try out. I'm really excited to try it out too!

Dániel Varga

Aug 3, 2015, 11:35:04 AM8/3/15
to Dart Misc, jac...@google.com
Absolutely exciting, keen on trying it out!

Daniel Joyce

Aug 3, 2015, 1:48:15 PM8/3/15
to Dart Misc, jac...@google.com
Would be awesome if there was tooling that could mesh TernJS or similar to spit out some basic interfaces from Javascript/Typescript etc that we can then massage further.
Daniel Joyce

The meek shall inherit the Earth, for the brave will be among the stars.

John Davis

Jul 10, 2016, 11:51:09 AM7/10/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
Looks like we might already have a way to consume Typesecript from dart!!!

venkata munnangi

Jul 10, 2016, 10:06:33 PM7/10/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
Sounds awesome!

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dart Misc" group.