Fuchsia

kc

Aug 2, 2016, 9:35:07 AM8/2/16
to Dart Misc
Intriguing:

I've long thought that Google needs an OS focused on modern mobile hardware with an emphasis on security/ocap and performance which unifies Android and Chrome OS, apps and web, devices from phones to tablets/2in1's to ultrabooks with a Material Design ui.

Is this what Fuchsia is? An experiment?
If Dart is a first class player on this platform then all to the good.

K.

Filipe Morgado

Aug 2, 2016, 11:29:07 AM8/2/16
to Dart Misc
I've seen it in the commits too.
I thought it was an IoT-focused OS.

On Tuesday, 2 August 2016 14:35:07 UTC+1, kc wrote:
I've long thought that Google needs an OS focused on modern mobile hardware with an emphasis on security/ocap and performance which unifies Android and Chrome OS, apps and web, devices from phones to tablets/2in1's to ultrabooks with a Material Design ui.

Makes sense.

tatumizer-v0.2

Aug 3, 2016, 5:01:06 PM8/3/16
to Dart Misc
"On the other hand, Magenta targets modern phones and modern personal computers with fast processors, non-trivial amounts of ram with arbitrary peripherals doing open ended computation" (link)

It might be not enough to guess what Fuchsia is, but at least we now know what Fuchsia is NOT: it's not something that unifies Android and Chrome OS. And it's not something that specifically targets IoT. My conjecture: it's a monumental effort of extraordinary complexity, probably surpasses everything we ever saw or even imagined before. Less sure, but I think it will push golang as primary language somehow (*). Dart will be there, too, of course, among other things big and small, but with no special role.

Sorry for pure speculation (for the lack of reliable data) Feel free to deny.

(*) beatings will continue until morale improves.

.

kc

Aug 4, 2016, 9:42:07 AM8/4/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
Some speculation...

Google has two operating systems - Android and Chrome OS.
Both are Linux based with the Linux security/permissions architecture - process/files.
Android has a further security/permissions architecture embedded in the in the Dalvik/ART runtime.
Chrome OS is based on the Web security model.
Google has created a unified design language - Material Design.
Android and Chrome OS/Web were retrofitted with the Material Design ui language.
Flutter is designed from the ground up with Material Design in mind.
Flutter went with the Dart VM - and can be packaged as an apk on Android (and also iOS .ipa).
On Chromebooks things get a bit too inception-esque. Flutter/Dart running in an Android apk/runtime on ChromeOS.
Fuchsia OS is thus a replacement for Chrome OS - where the UI is Material Design - and Flutter/DartVM are first class 'native'.
The Fuchsia security/permission architecture is object capability (ocap) - to get beyond the Linux/Android/Web models.
The Fuchsia kernel is LK based and wrapped in an ocap layer - Magenta.
Fuchsia will initially target mobile devices bigger than phones - tablets/2in1's/Ultrabooks - Pixel C and Chromebooks. (*)
Flutter apps can thus target Android, iOS and Fuchsia.

(*) Everything is mobile.

K.

tatumizer-v0.2

Aug 4, 2016, 12:45:12 PM8/4/16
to Dart Misc
Did some research, and eventually managed to unearth something that is alleged to be  a high-level design diagram of new OS.
While certainly looks promising, some experts still doubt the authenticity of the document. It would be interesting to revisit the subject in a couple of years to see how much of the original design survives, and what new elements get added along the way. Stay tuned.

tatumizer-v0.2

Aug 4, 2016, 5:43:26 PM8/4/16
to Dart Misc
@kc: Dart App running in container under Fuchsia inside Android planted into ChromeOS embedded in Linux?
It certainly makes total sense, but I'm afraid it leaves too many questions unanswered.  Where is golang in this picture? Where is WebAssembly? Will golang be implemented in WebAssembly? Or WebAssembly  implemented in golang? And how about rust? System will never work unless it's written in rust (it will immediately crash on NPE or buffer overflow). I don't even mention AI bots! On what level of hierarchy do we have AI bots? There's much more room for speculation than your (simplistic) post assumes.

kc

Aug 4, 2016, 5:55:46 PM8/4/16
to Dart Misc
Lmao.

Could an actual Googler clarify things. Open means more than chucking things into github.

K.

Bob Nystrom

Aug 4, 2016, 6:48:51 PM8/4/16
to General Dart Discussion

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 2:43 PM, tatumizer-v0.2 <tatu...@gmail.com> wrote:
@kc: Dart App running in container under Fuchsia inside Android planted into ChromeOS embedded in Linux?

– bob

kc

Aug 5, 2016, 8:56:04 AM8/5/16
to Dart Misc
- So "Pink + Purple == Fuchsia (a new Operating System)" is Android + ChromeOS == a new OS with secure multi-lang platform access to run on Pixel devices?

- No, it's a new OS for AI hybrid toaster-kettle style devices. To give users a sense of existential dread that it's all just a simulation. Inception.

K.

– bob

kc

Aug 5, 2016, 9:25:45 AM8/5/16
to Dart Misc
On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 10:43:26 PM UTC+1, tatumizer-v0.2 wrote:
@kc: Dart App running in container under Fuchsia inside Android planted into ChromeOS embedded in Linux?
It certainly makes total sense, but I'm afraid it leaves too many questions unanswered.  Where is golang in this picture? Where is WebAssembly? Will golang be implemented in WebAssembly? Or WebAssembly  implemented in golang? And how about rust? System will never work unless it's written in rust (it will immediately crash on NPE or buffer overflow). I don't even mention AI bots! On what level of hierarchy do we have AI bots? There's much more room for speculation than your (simplistic) post assumes.

Simply can't understand the scepticism you're expressing here Alex.
A bit of simplistic Google 'Kremlinology' - surely a Russian can appreciate this.

K.

krupal shah

Aug 5, 2016, 1:47:44 PM8/5/16
to mi...@dartlang.org

I would hope that will be a cloud based web OS where we do not need to update apps once installed just like the web.  It should be made with Dart front-end and Go at the backed of the OS is a solid idea.Platform eventually needs language to make apps. Dart is the obvious choice for that. Google has made little progress in things like that such as Android instant apps; but we can hope something bigger.

---

tatumizer-v0.2

Aug 7, 2016, 5:39:06 PM8/7/16
to Dart Misc
After spending weekend browsing aimlessly through fuchsia repository, eventually noticed something that drew my attention (upon putting on a helmet and looking under infrared light): most of Copyright notices in the source code attribute it to Google, Inc. which is expected. But some (not all!) have double copyright owner! And this "other owner" attribution gives you a CLUE. The rest simply follows from deductive method, combined with certain amount of googling.

What I discovered in the end was nothing short of SENSATIONAL:. Fuchsia OS is a ... please sit down and take a deep breath before reading it... is a reincarnation of BeOS!!! YES, BeOS!! Well, maybe not literally BeOS, but a kind of spiritual successor to it -  brought to you by the same  group of  individuals!. How about that?
There's a long chain of syllogisms that leads to discovery - I don't want to bother you with specifics. (If someone is interested, please let me know: I think I managed to reconstruct the entire, many-year-long, history of the project).

Not a bad scoop, is it?

I expect much praise leveled at me  for my Herculean investigative effort  Possibly even a T-shirt

--Alex

kc

Aug 7, 2016, 6:58:43 PM8/7/16
to Dart Misc
Excellent sleuthing. Any CORBA? Or even OpenDoc?

K.

kc

Aug 7, 2016, 7:04:35 PM8/7/16
to Dart Misc
Re Instant apps. I'm guessing Fuchsia will have a Material Design ui oriented around Cards accessing services.

K.

tatumizer-v0.2

Aug 7, 2016, 11:27:27 PM8/7/16
to Dart Misc

krupal shah

Aug 8, 2016, 1:10:22 PM8/8/16
to mi...@dartlang.org

interesting. But why Dart (as a platform) is playing here?

Daniel Morilha

Aug 8, 2016, 2:19:04 PM8/8/16
to mi...@dartlang.org

IMHO Dart is the unifying language in Google's strategy

Filipe Morgado

Aug 8, 2016, 5:33:10 PM8/8/16
to Dart Misc
It can't be.

Dart is far from offering the performance needed for games, codecs, big-data/scientific apps, etc ...
We can't even efficiently run 64-bits cryptography.

And a Dart app will always consume at least twice as much battery as an equivalent app written in a systems language.

I don't know how AoT code performs but we're missing important features at the language level to unify anything, unless Dart 2.0 brings native arithmetic, structs, allocation control, etc

krupal shah

Aug 9, 2016, 2:52:36 PM8/9/16
to mi...@dartlang.org

Don't know about Dart 2.0 but they have already Go for that - concurrent, fast and fun systems programming language. Why would they chose dart?

Kévin Platel

Aug 9, 2016, 3:08:47 PM8/9/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
Because, as Java, python, Ruby ... have been created for more higher level operation, Dart may be the high level language (as JS was for MozillaOS) of a plateform build with Go as low level system language

May be
PLATEL Kévin
Android Developper at Netatmo

Filipe Morgado

Aug 9, 2016, 3:26:04 PM8/9/16
to Dart Misc
Programmers are very emotional about their tools and languages, even about how their code is formatted.
So good luck building a successful OS targeted by a single language.

Personally, I can't stand Go and I wouldn't use it if I had a choice, but I love Dart.

Fuchsia needs a systems language, such as C++ or Rust ... and a high-level language such as JS or Dart.
Go is kinda in-between those, not performant enough for critical systems and not appealing enough for the masses.

The good news is ... mojo seems to be at the heart of Fuchsia. So we'll probably be able to develop apps/services in any language we want.

Looking forward to interoperate Dart and Rust!!!

kc

Aug 11, 2016, 9:15:02 AM8/11/16
to Dart Misc
Alex - there's more. New Fuchsia repo - Modular:

Modular is an experimental application platform.
It provides a post-API programming model. Rather than basing all service calls on pre-negotiated contracts between known modules, the system enables modules to call by meaning, specifying goals and semantic data types along side traditional typed function inputs and outputs, and letting the system work out how those semantic goals are satisfied and what services are employed.

Taligent? Back to the 90's? Could fsb operative Mezoni investigate?

K.

kc

Aug 11, 2016, 9:16:22 AM8/11/16
to Dart Misc
Code once for Android, iOS and 'Fuchsia'. Also target the web.

K.

kc

Aug 11, 2016, 9:39:55 AM8/11/16
to Dart Misc
On Monday, August 8, 2016 at 10:33:10 PM UTC+1, Filipe Morgado wrote:
It can't be.

Dart is far from offering the performance needed for games, codecs, big-data/scientific apps, etc ...
We can't even efficiently run 64-bits cryptography.

And a Dart app will always consume at least twice as much battery as an equivalent app written in a systems language.

I don't know how AoT code performs but we're missing important features at the language level to unify anything, unless Dart 2.0 brings native arithmetic, structs, allocation control, etc

There has been a lot of debate in the Swift community. Some complaints of a loss of dynamism to get low level perf.

I’d rather we focused harder on making writing high-quality apps easier. A scripting language, or something spiritually close, that took the best parts of Swift, but was much smaller and simpler, more supple, that ran on the Objective-C runtime — dynamic dispatch and all — would have been ideal. I could fly in that language.

I get the feeling that that what some people were after was Objective C to become 2 langs - one high level dynamic 'Objective' - and another subset that could be dropped down into for static numeric performance 'C'.

The Dart team - with their Smalltalk/Newspeak background - obviously believe in dynamic object languages.

K.

tatumizer-v0.2

Aug 11, 2016, 12:10:31 PM8/11/16
to Dart Misc
@kc: I saw this "modular" thing, but didn't post the news - thought it was a hallucination. Which it probably was.
I remember similar ideas discussed in the 80s. Too bad Google Books project died - it  would be a lot of fun re-reading old publications in s/w and h/w journals of the time. Now, each new generation has to re-invent everything from scratch.

I think more realistic solution would be to make use of animals' intelligence: Rabbit, Raccoon and Squirrel could be employed to search for relevant APIs, for a modest fee. This would give them an opportunity to do some useful job, other than eating flowers planted by my wife in our backyard.

tatumizer-v0.2

Aug 11, 2016, 12:48:08 PM8/11/16
to Dart Misc
Let's face it guys: we still have no idea what Fuchsia is. We have to admit it.
But I have a plan!
Write an article with all the scoops we know so far, and whatever we don't know - just make it up. Add a couple of wildly outlandish claims for dramatic effect. Post on HN - it will become an instant hit! Then wait for denial. I think it will work, no?

Filipe Morgado

Aug 11, 2016, 9:10:06 PM8/11/16
to Dart Misc
I agree that "developer performance" is nowadays more important than "software performance" ... for most apps.

But ...

Around 2 years ago, my bosses were searching for alternatives to replace our Flash/Air stack for games, and would ultimately go for the native offerings.
I tried proposing Dart with StageXL, even tried building an engine optimized for the APIs we used, but I couldn't get half the performance of Flash, not even in Dartium, even though Stage3D is very similar to WebGL. Needless to say my proposal was scrapped.
(We are quite knowledgeable about AS3 performance, final fields/classes when possible, object caches, avoid certain APIs, etc ... and Adobe Scout is amazing).
We're still using Flash today.

The better the performance, the more room you have for graphics, particles, physics, etc ... which will make your game faster and more beautiful.
And if you don't have a certain degree of control over allocations, your animations will stutter.

Of course, I would use Dart over anything for apps which are mainly UI.

I just don't understand why the following code:
void main() {

print (new Point(0, 0).distanceTo(new Point(10, 10));
}
... has to actually allocate a bunch of Points and Doubles when all abstractions can be removed and objects flattened on-stack.

Filipe Morgado

Aug 11, 2016, 9:42:45 PM8/11/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
I would say they're trying to make an OS out of Chrome's underlying architecture, bringing it closer to the metal by removing/optimizing some kernel boundaries.
That would be a performance boost for Chrome itself.

Eventually, they may implement some services usually found in the Linux Kernel (such as Network or Native_viewport) in user-space as regular mojo services.
Maybe LK/Magenta is a micro-kernel, and everything runs in user-space as services, even filesystems, drivers, etc ... improving security.

The presence of a dart_content_handler may indicate first-class support for Dart apps (faster instantiation and closer to metal?), otherwise they would just run the DartVM as a regular application, I suppose. I don't know much about Flutter's internals, so maybe it's just Flutter's Dart handler ported to Fuchsia.

Everything here is possibly wrong, but I don't think it will matter anytime soon. Not until Fuchsia can run pretty much anything on the app store.
They're not creating another ecosystem, not when they already have Android's and Chrome's and when they're trying to merge those.

(My speculative 2 cts for the article)

Filipe Morgado

Aug 11, 2016, 10:09:49 PM8/11/16
to Dart Misc
It got out on HN.

There's already some good info there.

kc

Aug 12, 2016, 6:26:21 AM8/12/16
to Dart Misc
On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 2:42:07 PM UTC+1, kc wrote:
[...]

A Fuchsia team member explains:
mckillop 7 hours ago [-]
Purple - A system with high performance graphics, low-latency input, and a beautiful UI.
Pink - An incredibly modular system for developers and users.

I see Fuchsia as: We now have great mobile hardware - arm64/x86_64 + opengl/vulcan -  lets build an OS which can really exploit it and provide a 'native' Material Design UI for form factors from phones, 2-in-1's, ultrabooks etc.
Like this device which is mentioned:
(Which is exactly the form factor I'm interested in).

How they manage non-visual platform services - like Contacts etc - will be interesting.

K.

kc

Aug 12, 2016, 6:29:49 AM8/12/16
to Dart Misc
On Friday, August 12, 2016 at 2:42:45 AM UTC+1, Filipe Morgado wrote:
[...]

If devs buy into Fluttter for Android (and iOS) then apps will be Fuschia ready in the Play store. Google at some point need to provide a *roadmap*.

K.

tatumizer-v0.2

Aug 12, 2016, 9:58:48 AM8/12/16
to Dart Misc
You see - the idea worked beyond expectations! Just a couple of hours after my appeal the post appeared on HN and made it into the first page!
Not clear who submitted it (not me!), but now we know a thing or two.
Accepting congratulations. Fuchsia T-shirt? Beer party with Fuchsia developers?

krupal shah

Aug 13, 2016, 1:54:46 PM8/13/16
to Dart Misc

It would be better if Google would elaborate something about it before rumour gets viral.

kc

Aug 19, 2016, 9:53:10 AM8/19/16
to Dart Misc
On Friday, August 12, 2016 at 11:26:21 AM UTC+1, kc wrote:

A Fuchsia team member explains:
mckillop 7 hours ago [-]
Purple - A system with high performance graphics, low-latency input, and a beautiful UI.
Pink - An incredibly modular system for developers and users.

This looks retrofitted. Really:

Purple = iPhone
Pink = Taligent

Mobile + PC.

K.

Smit Joshi

Aug 22, 2016, 12:47:56 PM8/22/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
This must be interesting. https://github.com/fuchsia-mirror/sysui

This repository contains System UI bits for the Fuchsia operating system.

Now things are a bit clear for the new OS. Dart is used for System UI:=)

It is using flutter.

A wild armadillo appears.

It is unclear that what Android and iOS are doing in other OS's System UI repo.
It may be another mobile operating system. (Really?)
or may be mobile + IOT + PC ??? who knows may be!

On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 7:05:07 PM UTC+5:30, kc wrote:
Intriguing:

I've long thought that Google needs an OS focused on modern mobile hardware with an emphasis on security/ocap and performance which unifies Android and Chrome OS, apps and web, devices from phones to tablets/2in1's to ultrabooks with a Material Design ui.

Is this what Fuchsia is? An experiment?
If Dart is a first class player on this platform then all to the good.

K.

Michael Francis

Aug 22, 2016, 1:11:22 PM8/22/16
to Dart Misc
This is just killing me not knowing what this is. But at the same time it is fun seeing it progress and getting more hints. But whatever it is it's exciting to see Dart being such a large part of it.

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 12:47 PM Smit Joshi <fenils...@gmail.com> wrote:
this must be interesting. https://github.com/fuchsia-mirror/sysui . Updated 10 minutes ago. lol

On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 7:05:07 PM UTC+5:30, kc wrote:
Intriguing:

I've long thought that Google needs an OS focused on modern mobile hardware with an emphasis on security/ocap and performance which unifies Android and Chrome OS, apps and web, devices from phones to tablets/2in1's to ultrabooks with a Material Design ui.

Is this what Fuchsia is? An experiment?
If Dart is a first class player on this platform then all to the good.

K.

kc

Aug 25, 2016, 11:22:45 AM8/25/16
to Dart Misc
I think Smit is right - an OS than spans iOT/Home - Phone - Tablet/2in1 - ultrabook - desktop. With a mobile philosophy - instant on, ssd, secure/sandboxed, and a fluid Material Design interface,

With an MIT style licence which is more hardware friendly - which should drive the development of interesting devices.

K.

Filipe Morgado

Aug 25, 2016, 2:23:15 PM8/25/16
to Dart Misc
Indeed!

Micro-kernels are a lot more flexible, despite usually coming with a performance penalty. It should be a lot easier to scale from IoT to desktop just by adding/removing services, with little to no kernel support for advanced features.

After the Google-Oracle conflict and the recently discovered Linux kernel and OpenSSL vulnerabilities which affect Android and their servers, Google is pushing aggressively to control all of its software stack and free itself from third parties. There may have been conflicts between Google and The Linux kernel devs regarding the direction and flexibility of the project.

With so much stack control and market share, I wouldn't be surprised if Google starts designing their own SoCs, with special instructions/coprocessors to accelerate Fuchsia internals and/or heavily-used libraries/services. They apparently already designed the TensorFlow Processing Unit (TPU). An hardware-accelerated garbage collector for Dart and C++ would be nice.

I hope Fuchsia will someday target servers as well ... of course with native Dart support.

My speculative 2 cts.
Message has been deleted

krupal shah

Sep 14, 2016, 2:02:01 PM9/14/16
to Dart Misc
Interesting. Even more interesting : https://github.com/fuchsia-mirror/modular.

tatumizer-v0.2

Sep 14, 2016, 2:25:33 PM9/14/16
to Dart Misc
Nothing special. It's just an AI bot (see item E on the diagram above)

Benjamin Strauß

Sep 26, 2016, 6:11:21 AM9/26/16
to Dart Misc

krupal shah

Sep 26, 2016, 6:32:02 AM9/26/16
to mi...@dartlang.org

kc

Sep 26, 2016, 10:31:20 AM9/26/16
to Dart Misc

The teaser animation seems to show a phone form factor. Maybe a arm64 Pixel phone with enough power to drive a 'desktop' like the Ubuntu Phone idea.

K.

Filipe Morgado

Sep 27, 2016, 3:46:01 AM9/27/16
to Dart Misc
My guess is that it's way too early for Fuchsia.
I'd give it 2-3 more years at least.

kc

Sep 27, 2016, 9:36:39 AM9/27/16
to Dart Misc
On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 11:32:02 AM UTC+1, krupal shah wrote:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/09/24/googles-merged-android-chrome-os-andromeda-may-be-teased-on-october-4th/

Is Andromeda a separate initiative from Fuchsia?

Dev's who may want to invest time in Dart/Flutter need a roadmap from someone senior at Google.

On Oct 4th will Hiroshi Lockheimer mention Dart/Flutter as part of Googles client side strategy. A demo of Flutter Gallery on Android, iOS and preview Andromeda? With Fuchsia mentioned as  longer term thing.

This would make sense strategically - code once in Dart Flutter for:
- Android
- iOS
- Andromeda - the Android/Chrome convergence
- Fuchsia - a longer term bet which will have Dart at its core.
- Dart Angular 2.0 for the web

K.

Joe Blue

Sep 28, 2016, 5:43:43 AM9/28/16
to Dart Misc
EVERYONE would love a roadmap.  Me too...

But its google, so your just have to get used to the way things work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azxoVRTwlNg

Also i believe google dont want to drop their pants for commercial / competitive reasons.
Letting MS, Apple know what the game plan is ruins all the fun & potential to capture market share.

Joe

Bob Nystrom

Sep 28, 2016, 11:59:00 AM9/28/16
to General Dart Discussion

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 2:43 AM, Joe Blue <joeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
But its google, so your just have to get used to the way things work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azxoVRTwlNg

Also i believe google dont want to drop their pants for commercial / competitive reasons.
Letting MS, Apple know what the game plan is ruins all the fun & potential to capture market share.

I can't speak for the rest of Google, but I don't believe the latter influences what we say about the roadmap for the language itself.

If we were to say, "In Dart 2.0, we're adding monads," (*) I don't think all of a sudden the TypeScript and Swift folks would go, "Quick! We need to get monads in before they do!"

– bob

* We are not planning to add monads in Dart 2.0.

Benjamin Strauß

Sep 28, 2016, 5:36:49 PM9/28/16
to Dart Misc
* We are not planning to add monads in Dart 2.0.

You mean besides Future. ;)

Bob Nystrom

Sep 28, 2016, 5:44:00 PM9/28/16
to General Dart Discussion

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Benjamin Strauß <benm...@gmail.com> wrote:
You mean besides Future. ;)

And Iterable. And Stream. :)

– bob

kc

Sep 29, 2016, 9:08:11 AM9/29/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
Re roadmap - I wasn't talking specifically about Dart 2.0. Rather about how Android/Chrome/Flutter (and Dart) are part of the future re a unification story both for users and devs.

Sensible developers will not take a bet on Dart or Flutter unless there is some clear guidance on where things are going.

Also a problem for Flutter/Dart is the requirement for a Mac (pricey) or Linux (tricky). Google ideally should offer an OS on which dev can be done in a structured but fun/lightweight manner.  Andromeda or Fuchsia?

K.

Joe Blue

Sep 29, 2016, 10:22:12 AM9/29/16
to Dart Misc

This all started with GRPC.
Protobuf has been in Dart for yonks.

You can do allot with just protobufs before google 7 Dart do GRPC

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 3:08 PM kc <kevin...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 4:59:00 PM UTC+1, Bob wrote:

[...]

kc

Oct 5, 2016, 9:01:56 AM10/5/16
to Dart Misc
On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 2:36:39 PM UTC+1, kc wrote:
On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 11:32:02 AM UTC+1, krupal shah wrote:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/09/24/googles-merged-android-chrome-os-andromeda-may-be-teased-on-october-4th/

Is Andromeda a separate initiative from Fuchsia?

Dev's who may want to invest time in Dart/Flutter need a roadmap from someone senior at Google.

On Oct 4th will Hiroshi Lockheimer mention Dart/Flutter as part of Googles client side strategy. A demo of Flutter Gallery on Android, iOS and preview Andromeda? With Fuchsia mentioned as  longer term thing.

Nope. Was like Alex Jones and Julian Assange.

K.