dartium installed, but giving errors when i start it

Joe Blue

Aug 30, 2016, 12:56:03 PM8/30/16
to Dart Misc
hey everyone,

i just installed dart and dartium on OSX. Here is my .bash_profile:

### Dart
DART_SDK=$HOMEBREW_INSTALL/opt/dart/libexec
DART_DARTIUM=$HOMEBREW_INSTALL/opt/dart/Chromium.app
DART_PUBCACHE_BIN=$HOME/.pub-cache/bin

export PATH=$PATH:$DART_SDK/bin:/$DART_DARTIUM:$DART_PUBCACHE_BIN

But when i start dartium from bash i get this:

x-MacBook-Pro:~ apple$ dartium

[6053:63251:0830/164839:ERROR:password_store_proxy_mac.cc(92)] Could not create/open login database.

[6057:1295:0830/164839:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(200)] Running without renderer sandbox

[6058:1295:0830/164839:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(200)] Running without renderer sandbox

Here are the versions:

x-MacBook-Pro:~ apple$ dartium --version

Chromium 45.0.2454.104  Dart 1.19.0

x-MacBook-Pro:~ apple$ dart --version

Dart VM version: 1.19.0 (Fri Aug 26 02:27:39 2016) on "macos_x64"

Can someone let me know if they also have this error message please ?

Harry Terkelsen

Aug 30, 2016, 12:59:56 PM8/30/16
to Dart Misc
I get the errors about the renderer sandbox and another error about SUID sandbox. I can't remember a time when I started dartium without seeing those errors. Everything seems to work fine, though.

---

Günter Zöchbauer

Aug 31, 2016, 1:36:33 AM8/31/16
to Dart Misc
And then Dartium starts or doesn't start at all?

Joe Blue

Aug 31, 2016, 4:14:31 AM8/31/16
to Dart Misc

It starts up.
Then shows 3 yellow warnings across the top.
But it does start up.

Is it just a weird bug to ignore ?

Günter Zöchbauer

Aug 31, 2016, 12:18:51 PM8/31/16
to Dart Misc
I think it's as designed but maybe someone with deeper knowledge provides more details.

Alan Knight

Aug 31, 2016, 2:12:58 PM8/31/16
to Dart Misc
Yes, it's as designed. Dartium runs without the renderer sandbox. That's potentially a security issue and there are potentially others, as it has not been reviewed for security. It should be used as a developer tool for Dart and not for visiting arbitrary websites. If you're doing that, then those warnings can just be ignored.

Joe Blue

Aug 31, 2016, 2:33:42 PM8/31/16
to Dart Misc
thanks Alan.

If there a way to remove the errors from the Chromium Ui when it starts up?