Observatory group / protocol questions?

Danny Tuppeny

Sep 1, 2016, 3:34:32 PM9/1/16
to Dart Misc
Is the Observatory Group still active? I posted there about a week ago with some questions (about setLibraryDebuggable) but it hasn't turned up - I presume first posts require approval, but I don't know if anyone is reviewing the queue.

If it's not still active; does anyone know the best places to ask questions about the debugger protocol?

Bob Nystrom

Sep 1, 2016, 4:03:27 PM9/1/16
to General Dart Discussion

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Danny Tuppeny <da...@tuppeny.com> wrote:
I posted there about a week ago with some questions (about setLibraryDebuggable) but it hasn't turned up - I presume first posts require approval, but I don't know if anyone is reviewing the queue.

My guess is that John McCutchen is the only one set up to review the queue, and I think he's on vacation right now. Maybe try vm-dev@ or misc@?

– bob

Danny Tuppeny

Sep 4, 2016, 4:09:52 AM9/4/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 at 21:03 'Bob Nystrom' via Dart Misc <mi...@dartlang.org> wrote:

My guess is that John McCutchen is the only one set up to review the queue, and I think he's on vacation right now. Maybe try vm-dev@ or misc@?

The vm-dev group looks like it might just be full of generated messages from commits/code-reviews; does anyone actually read it?

I'll try posting here; though it's not urgent, if John is likely to see the message when he's back I suspect I might get the best answer there.

Thanks!

Bob Nystrom

Sep 6, 2016, 12:54:34 PM9/6/16
to General Dart Discussion

On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 1:09 AM, Danny Tuppeny <da...@tuppeny.com> wrote:
does anyone actually read it?

I think so, but many of the VM folks tend to be quiet by nature. Too busy contemplating the x86 instruction set.

– bob

Danny Tuppeny

Sep 6, 2016, 12:58:24 PM9/6/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
On Tue, 6 Sep 2016 at 17:54 'Bob Nystrom' via Dart Misc <mi...@dartlang.org> wrote:
does anyone actually read it?

I think so, but many of the VM folks tend to be quiet by nature. Too busy contemplating the x86 instruction set.

What I meant was that it's so full of commit messages could anyone actually spot a user-generated message? =)

I'll try re-posting their later... No replies here, suspect it's not really the right audience!