Try the new Dart libraries with this preview editor build

Siggi Cherem

Jan 15, 2013, 9:24:21 PM1/15/13
to General Dart Discussion
Hi Dartisans,

To help you get ready for the upcoming and exciting changes in the core libraries, we pushed a special candidate Editor and SDK trunk build. If you want to play with the new libraries early, you can download it here:
https://gsdview.appspot.com/dart-editor-archive-trunk/17072/

And read the matching documentation here: http://api.dartlang.org/docs/trunk/latest/

Note that this build is not part of the editor's auto-update integration. We'll probably release these changes there in another week or so.

We are putting together some tips to help you prepare for these changes. Meanwhile, you might find the new clean up wizards in Dart Editor really useful.

Cheers,
Siggi

Vadim Tsushko

Jan 16, 2013, 3:07:41 AM1/16/13
to mi...@dartlang.org
It would be great if somehow we may get compatible version of unittest package from some location.

Siggi Cherem

Jan 16, 2013, 7:27:13 PM1/16/13
to General Dart Discussion
Hi Vadim,

Turns out that unittest is included in the SDK (look under 'dart/dart-sdk/packages' in the trunk build). So you can temporarily use an sdk dependency ('unittest: { sdk: unittest }'), or symlink the unittest/lib/ directory by hand.

Ideally we would push this package to pub, but unfortunately we can't upload a version today without breaking users that install the currently released Editor. Long term we hope it will be possible to upload to pub a package for a particular SDK version, but that's not supported just yet.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Siggi

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart

Vadim Tsushko

Jan 16, 2013, 11:32:17 PM1/16/13
to mi...@dartlang.org
Excellent. I fully understand your constraints. Switching to compatible unittest in dart-sdk/pkg directory (I've made script for that) is good workaround for me.
Unittest is crucial when you have to look what wait your packages in near future.

Best regards, Vadim.