Dart's ranking on June 2016 TIOBE Index

Joseph B. Axenroth

Jun 21, 2016, 12:37:03 PM6/21/16
to Dart Misc
So for the month of June 2016, Dart is ranked at #24 on the TIOBE Index.  Not to say that this index is the 'best' or most accurate, but I would say this is a helpful indicator of where the language currently stands in the eyes of (at least some) developers.

This month's index may be found here:

Marcello Dias

Jun 21, 2016, 12:58:52 PM6/21/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
If Dart had a RAD ,If we could drop Polymer components and change the events,like C#,Delphi,Extjs and many others
let us do for decades, DART would probably in 8 OR 7º position,
Tiobe also is really nota accurate.

Marcello

---

Daniel Morilha

Jun 21, 2016, 1:00:34 PM6/21/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
IMHO Dart org at google does not care about marketing the language which certainly has impact into people awareness of the language. Let's hope that technical innovation of some sort (flutter, dartino) helps promoting the language to new developers.
--
Daniel Morilha (dmor...@gmail.com)

Kévin Platel

Jun 21, 2016, 2:00:55 PM6/21/16
to mi...@dartlang.org

IMO the popularity of a programming language can be made by the company behind but it's made essentially by the story, article, package, product, tool, ... Created and maintained from the community. Look at node.js, even if the platform is good the real popularity came from all the nice tool and example visible from all over the web (again in my opinion)

So stop being so concerned about Dart popularity, let the Dart team do a amazing Job on the platform and let us build its popularity !

(Even if i'm a terrible example myself ^^")

Kevin

PLATEL Kévin
Android Developper at Netatmo

Michael Francis

Jun 21, 2016, 2:16:20 PM6/21/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
If anything Dart is surprisingly high on the list. I don't even see languages like Kotlin on the list. The TIOBE list is more of a picture of what enterprise is using. That's why Fortran is still so high on the list.

Marcello Dias

Jun 21, 2016, 2:41:13 PM6/21/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
I Remenber that they counted Object/Pascal and Delphi as different languages in the past.
C# has manymore users than Tiobe Says.
There are communities that don´t use Internet to exchange ideas,Cobol as an example.
And there are more "cool languages" like Phyton,where people just ask "What Phyton is all about?"
and they score another point for it.

Marcello

Marcello Dias

Jun 21, 2016, 2:56:12 PM6/21/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
Also,I doubt that Angular,ReactJs,ExtJs, and all other JS´S
are being counted as JavaScript.

krupal shah

Jun 22, 2016, 11:38:09 AM6/22/16
to mi...@dartlang.org
may be indicating that many like us are waiting for some amazing things and hope for Dart 2.0